• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

A Winter Storm Warning seems like a little bit of stretch here considering almost everyone won't see anything over 1-2"

Not to mention they will get mauled by the public/media if they throw out a warning and get no impacts. Once again, I do not envy the mets that actually have to come up with these warnings and such

Guest viewing has been turned back on, along with a disable of live thread. Turns out the live thread plugin we use is not optimized very well and it slows our website down. We would rather have everyone, even guests be able to get information, even at the cost of no live thread.

Here is a better version of the 12z GEFS...much improved.
gefs_snow_mean_nc_25.png

Looks good. That is such a tight gradient from 1 to 6 inches. Pretty much all the ensembles show snow here, too.

Looks like evidence of a warm nose coming up the Savannah River on the GEFS, judging from the maps

No friend of mine watching the warm nose that wont budge...lol
It is a good tool unfortunately ive used the last couple years looking at a warm pocket at 925mb stuck in the upstate of SC

Fox with there new map. They are the first ones to up any totals. Still think it may be a little further north, but at least they are doing better than the whole up to 1/4 inch map that Spann has out. I would expect him to follow suit on his afternoon discussion.

That map looks good to me right now.

Back