• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

sn10_acc.us_ma.png
I swear the NAM tries so hard to get that deform band going across NC, if that happens at least could end with a bang

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's the ground truth from the NAM. Looks like a heavy dusting to an inch is the high water mark. The moral of the story is that what we see falling should look beautiful, but it will not pile up on the ground.
snod.us_ma.png
Wow thats still a solid inch. I would not complain about that at all.

Here's the ground truth from the NAM. Looks like a heavy dusting to an inch is the high water mark. The moral of the story is that what we see falling should look beautiful, but it will not pile up on the ground.
snod.us_ma.png
I can see 1-3" out of this

snod.us_ma.png

1/2 inch for my area would be a nice surprise

snod.us_ma.png
Not wishcasting at all as I expect a minimal impact event. However, be careful with these snow depth algorithms. As ARCC has mentioned, the model is picking up a warm nose from about 950 to the surface and generally warm ground temps. I've seen time and time again, with heavy rates, ground temps can be overcome and accumulation ensues. The same rates can overcome the borderline boundary temps as well. Certainly still and unfolding situation and no need to definitively say anything at this point.

Not wishcasting at all as I expect a minimal impact event. However, be careful with these snow depth algorithms. As ARCC has mentioned, the model is picking up a warm nose from about 950 to the surface and generally warm ground temps. I've seen time and time again, with heavy rates, ground temps can be overcome and accumulation ensues. The same rates can overcome the borderline boundary temps as well. Certainly still and unfolding situation and no need to definitively say anything at this point.
Any colder then totals increase?

Yeah several events come to mind 3/1/09 and 12/25/10.

snod.us_ma.png
Difficult to see on my phone but best I can tell looking at thermal profile of the NAM it's so close for us, I mean a degree or 2 and it's game on

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back