• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

How you think we’re goinf to turn out ? I’m thinking a slushy half inch to an inch.

I'm thinking about the same as well as the best case scenario. The best thing about this event is the fact is it's starting overnight rather than during the day. I think this allows us the best chance to maximize our opportunity to accumulate snow. I know every year we have this debate about ground temps and whether it's too warm or not for snow to accumulate. The only problem is it's not so black and white to figure out. We've had cases where if the precip. rates were heavy enough it overcame a warm ground (ex: March 1, 2009) and we've had cases where even heavy precip couldn't overcome a warm ground (ex: March 2, 2010). It's a storm by storm case and I don't think we should blindly apply what happens in one storm from yesteryear to what's happening now until it happens. It's a complicated forecast all the way to gametime. I don't blame a lot of local mets/NWS offices not wanting to forecast amounts. They'll be damned if they do, damned if they don't either way.

Euro totals up.
ecmwf_snow_dep_se_42.png

Euro has been sticking to its guns, too. Looks like up to around 3 or 4 inches here that time.
It's a big Triad hit only problem I see is the jackpot has shifted Northwest, if you want accumulating snow we can't stand anymore NW shifts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm going to say the gray areas might see some flakes mixed in, the Blue Area may get a dusting on grassy surfaces and the purple jackpot Zone may get an inch.

Much more realistic than taking the clown maps verbatim. There are going to be A LOT of people calling this a bust by the models because they don't see white on the ground.

I'm going to say the gray areas might see some flakes mixed in, the Blue Area may get a dusting on grassy surfaces and the purple jackpot Zone may get an inch.
01d134794366bc438547a7571c11135e.jpg

Yeah, all the models can show is the possibility. Could end up like this, could end up less. The fun is in seeing if they end up being right. They are not perfect by any means.

01d134794366bc438547a7571c11135e.jpg

I'm holding on for dear life. The euro was a little different for us. First time I've seen it start with a front end hit to rain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm holding on for dear life. The euro was a little different for us. First time I've seen it start with a front end hit to rain

I do think that of areas go to snow early tomorrow they might not go back to rain. Unless the nam is right with the mega torch

Back