• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

May see some flakes fall and just melt with temps above freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Athens may suffer from the warm nose a lot of the time but they sure do seem to get bigger snowstorms than where i am in west ga. It seems like Athens has had at least two 6"+ snows in the last 10 years.

DQdysHFV4AA1C3n.jpg

46 here in eastern walker county, very cloudy and a few somethings hit me when walking to the mail box, nothing showing on radar, dew point is 37.4, steady light NNE wind

If we do get any snowfall it would totally go against climo. Climo says we basically have no chance of accumulation before Mid December.

No chance for accumulation before mid Dec? This is simply not true. ATL has even had 2 major snows in the first few days of Dec though they were in the late 1800. Also many got 1-3" of a mix of slop in 1971 in early Dec if I'm not mistaken.

I slightly disagree with this forecast, I would merge C and A together because I do think the mountains of NC along with the NW piedmont will end up seeing the most snow from this system. I would also add far NW SC, SW NC and NE GA to that.

No chance for accumulation before mid Dec? This is simply not true. ATL has even had 2 major snows in the first few days of Dec. Also many got 1-3" of a mix of slop in 1971.
I guess i meant in my lifetime. In my 37 years i never recall seeing any snow accumulation before mid Dec. When is the last time Atl had at least 1" of snow before Dec 10 ?

Back