• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Winter outlook 2022/2023

Same as every other year. Cold Midwest down into TX up through western TN and the Great Lakes. Warm in the SE and along the east coast up into the NE. Who cares about the west.

I'm thinking above average snowfall for a good chunk of SC and NC, due to a couple of La Nina coastals....probably N GA too. Trickier back in AL and MS, where it will probably be drier than normal. I will go near normal snowfall there.

Cold most likely in early December and late Jan/early Feb. Maybe a cold shot early March, but spring comes in quickly. NAO predominantly positive and the PNA averages near neutral for the winter. Meh.

Last edited:
Same as every other year. Cold Midwest down into TX up through western TN and the Great Lakes. Warm in the SE and along the east coast up into the NE. Who cares about the west.

I'm thinking above average snowfall for a good chunk of SC and NC, due to a couple of La Nina coastals....probably N GA too. Trickier back in AL and MS, where it will probably be drier than normal. I will go near normal snowfall there.

Cold most likely in early December and late Jan/early Feb. Maybe a cold shot early March, but spring comes in quickly. NAO predominantly positive and the PNA averages near neutral for the winter. Meh.
I’m hoping for a lot of Lakes cutters and or Clippers! ⛄

We still on track for a 3rd year Niña? I read an outlook that said a Nino would be showing yp in the fall? Which if that was correct, the affects wouldn’t be noticeable until spring. Thoughts??

My best guess is one of the three months will be close to normal, being slightly above because of warmer then average lows. The other two months will be our typical 1-3 degrees above average. Maybe we will actually get below 15 degrees this winter.

could look like this or could be totally different lol. guess depends on if this year's "triple dip Nina" behaves like the last two and what the NAO/AO decides to do.
can confidently say it will snow in Dubuque and not snow in Key West - everybody in between just wait and see lol

1659798575903.png

1659798627782.png

1659798685066.png

1659798726353.png

1659798769160.png

Back