• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I always had outside dogs as a kid but not now because my road is so busy. They would come in the garage sometimes but HATED being inside. Dogs are resilient and I’m not talking about a little lap dog. I lost a good farm dog a couple years ago. She was around 14 years old and refused to come inside. Very independent. One of the best dogs I ever owned and I’ve had a lot over the years.View attachment 128432
I've always said Dogs was smarter than most humans. These I have are Beagles so hunting and being outdoors is their Nature. Just lost my female l ast week after 13yrs and it had absolutely nothing to do with her being outside for 13yrs

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

The concept of an outside dog blows peoples’ minds these days. It’s like if you own an outside animal you automatically hate them and wish death upon them.
I will say , they are animals I mean. God created them to survive the elements without human assistance . Granted domestic dogs are a bit diff but still. Hope he is for sure his dog house is relatively insulated and it won’t be 5 degrees in there tomorrow morning

The concept of an outside dog blows peoples’ minds these days. It’s like if you own an outside animal you automatically hate them and wish death upon them.
Yep and it's sad that people think like that. just because I have outside hunting dogs doesn't mean I don't love them.

Yep and it's sad that people think like that. just because I have outside hunting dogs doesn't mean I don't love them.

Sorry - really didn't mean to stir up trouble or make an example out of you. And I certainly don't want to imply that you don't love or care for your dogs. I'm sure they're your best buds, just like mine are to me. I also had dogs growing up that stayed outdoors in a shelter with blankets and wood chips. And we would cover the opening with blankets to minimize any drafts. Just on nights this cold we would always bring them in. That's where I was coming from with that. I hope I didn't come across as hateful or anything, certainly wasn't my intention! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Speaking of dogs. My couch potato Great Pyrenees is out in the backyard and doesn't want to come inside. She loves cold nights and I have to fuss to get her to come in on nights such as tonight. But if it's raining, forget it. She's squat in record time and be at the door in minutes.

Back