• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

what happens from here to all this arctic air? Will it retreat to the northeast leaving cad east of the apps? what about all the trapped cold west of the apps? Serious question from a long time lurker but newbie weather enthusiast.
It doesn't get replace so it just moderates and eventually gets WAAd away

I thought what we really wanted to see was what we are seeing right now? Just more close but no cigar moments in January.
What we want to see continuously show up going forward is something like what the GFS just ran at the end. Solid western ridge with cold air building in brought. Might not have a -NAO but there's cold air being brought in which will set us up hopefully for another shot. At least there's not just an endless road of warm runs through mid-January so this early Jan warmup won't really be much.
gfs_T850_namer_65.png

gfs_z500a_namer_63.png

I just ran out in short sleeves to check on my dog cause his sister just died other day. Thanks God he was in his house curled up in the wood shavings. I ran back in, in a hurry 17° Feels like is 13! Brrrr it's brutal out there! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I beg you to please bring that poor guy inside for the next couple of nights. Wood shavings in a doghouse just isn't good enough on night's like this. Sorry - but I just couldn't let this go without saying something.

I beg you to please bring that poor guy inside for the next couple of nights. Wood shavings in a doghouse just isn't good enough on night's like this. Sorry - but I just couldn't let this go without saying something.
These dogs has been outside dogs For 13yrs. They have been fine. And Trust me if I could bring him in I would. But if he has survived severe weather for 13yrs then he will do fine.

I just ran out in short sleeves to check on my dog cause his sister just died other day. Thanks God he was in his house curled up in the wood shavings. I ran back in, in a hurry 17° Feels like is 13! Brrrr it's brutal out there! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Imagine staying out there all night

Don't be that person. Bring your dog inside.

These dogs has been outside dogs For 13yrs. They have been fine. And Trust me if I could bring him in I would. But if he has survived severe weather for 13yrs then he will do fine.

Yeah long as they have a house that has good bedding and shelter from the wind, most dogs should be fine!
I have two houses on our back porch for two dogs that are around 55 ibs. However, my garage is 52 degrees so they will be sleeping in the garage tonight along with our outside cat.

Yeah long as they have a house that has good bedding and shelter from the wind, most dogs should be fine!
I have two houses on our back porch for two dogs that are around 55 ibs. However, my garage is 52 degrees so they will be sleeping in the garage tonight along with our outside cat.
He has plenty of bedding and he does have a Very think blanket in there with the Shavings. It's not like the dog is just out there with no shelter! Again they have lived 13yrs outside never once been in. He knows how to survive

On the dog issue, a few years back we had an outside lab with a nice doghouse I built. I mounted a thermometer in the top corner on 15 degree night. It never got below 45 in his house and he did fine. I think it’s what they’re used to. We brought him in when it got any colder than that and even more when he got older. My dog now is inside but he went for a swim in our creek earlier when it was 15 so they can handle a lot.

I thought what we really wanted to see was what we are seeing right now? Just more close but no cigar moments in January.
My turtles don’t even know it’s Christmas time at alll. ?

On the dog issue, a few years back we had an outside lab with a nice doghouse I built. I mounted a thermometer in the top corner on 15 degree night. It never got below 45 in his house and he did fine. I think it’s what they’re used to. We brought him in when it got any colder than that and even more when he got older. My dog now is inside but he went for a swim in our creek earlier when it was 15 so they can handle a lot.
Yes but people will criticize ne for leaving him out regardless. Some people think you ate pet killers if you don't treat them like kings. Animals can survive better than humans but people has trouble understanding that!

I always had outside dogs as a kid but not now because my road is so busy. They would come in the garage sometimes but HATED being inside. Dogs are resilient and I’m not talking about a little lap dog. I lost a good farm dog a couple years ago. She was around 14 years old and refused to come inside. Very independent. One of the best dogs I ever owned and I’ve had a lot over the years.6FED022C-6C68-41A2-B16D-6616A6A03C39.jpeg

Yes but people will criticize ne for leaving him out regardless. Some people think you ate pet killers if you don't treat them like kings. Animals can survive better than humans but people has trouble understanding that!

I agree, pet killers should be eaten!

Back