• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

This looks fun ?

Pre-emergent will be needed stat.

View attachment 129175
In all seriousness, should I go ahead and put down pre-emergent next weekend? The long range is warm. February is a torch. March, might be below average but still warm enough for stuff to grow and sun angle is strong then. It sounds like next weekend is a good time to get a jump on the weeds.

He isn't a degreed professional. He got a BS in environmental sciences. He's not a meteorologist

https://meritpages.com/MarkMargavage
So what is a BS degree in atmospheric science? Is that not a study of the atmosphere and atmospheric patterns? I realize it is not a met degree, but I thought the two overlapped. I'm slightly confused

So what is a BS degree in atmospheric science? Is that not a study of the atmosphere and atmospheric patterns? I realize it is not a met degree, but I thought the two overlapped. I'm slightly confused
Environmental science is not the same thing as atmospheric science, like not even close in terms of course work (particularly the required math and physics courses). Mark doesn’t have a met degree. In fact, he flunked out of PSU’s meteorology program

In all seriousness, should I go ahead and put down pre-emergent next weekend? The long range is warm. February is a torch. March, might be below average but still warm enough for stuff to grow and sun angle is strong then. It sounds like next weekend is a good time to get a jump on the weeds.
for fescue I put it down Valentines give or take. Then again in mid April. But if we blowtorch last half of January then I might move it up a week or two.

It’s a gnarly pattern being modeled. ?‍♂️

Now isn't the greatest time unless you want to reapply in March

for fescue I put it down Valentines give or take. Then again in mid April. But if we blowtorch last half of January then I might move it up a week or two.

It’s a gnarly pattern being modeled. ?‍♂️
I am cultivating centipede, here. It took it on the chin during the Christmas deep freeze (it was crunchy) so I know the weeds are going to have a head start.

Back