• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I mean I have seen like 5 total flakes so far this winter here in Roanoke, VA. We average over a foot of snow a year. At this point in the winter we typically have seen a few inches. Yes things are not looking great on the ensembles but I’m not worried, I know things will balance out eventually.
Maybe next winter you'll score two feet of snow and you can average 2022/23 and 2023/24 together and get your balance? It is not looking good this year for snow below 40 degrees north in the east. I've got my towel in hand...probably going to throw it next week, after looking at long range ensemble patterns then.

Look, I really believe that we have a really hard time in this country staying in our lane. I try *really* hard to stay in my lane. I’m a hobbyist with little to no time studying the underlying machinations of what makes forecasting a thing.

However, this just stunned me today. This guy is supposed to be a degreed professional:

View attachment 129130

View attachment 129131
I read that to mean he doesn't forecast beyond day 5. Not a bad plan, really.

If you’re outside of traditional CAD areas this morning I’m sorry. I haven’t been on for a couple of days and Rain Cold is very pessimistic and a few posters are cliff diving. (Think he’s leading the pac). Some guy is making a locusts defense not realizing saying something and saying something with data/analysis is big on this forum. Most on here are in school/metvets/vethobbyists.

I’m outside 24-7 in the summer. I have the highest T here in the summer across this Board
Not to name any names... But usually people with high T don't say "help me" after participating in certain activities. I can't remember who that is though. But I remember seeing it....

Going to get a 2 maybe 3 day window to score late January or winter is effectively over. We know for certain that Feb is lost. Just got to hope early to mid-March that the pattern can do something anomalous to bring some cold air close to the US again.
Yep looking at a 24 hour window of severe cold and maybe snow mid late January then we can accurately say without a doubt the entire month of February and everyday outside of that 24 hour period in January we’re going to SER and have no opportunity for snow. We will have to wait until April for any more snow ice chances that is an irrefutable fact and I can guarantee what our high and lows will be for the next 72 days (hint they are all above freezing)! Winter is over but don’t worry we have 24 hours sometime in late January that will be the time we look to score! Other than that it’s summer now.

Yep looking at a 24 hour window of severe cold and maybe snow mid late January then we can accurately say without a doubt the entire month of February and everyday outside of that 24 hour period in January we’re going to SER and have no opportunity for snow. We will have to wait until April for any more snow ice chances that is an irrefutable fact and I can guarantee what our high and lows will be for the next 72 days (hint they are all above freezing)! Winter is over but don’t worry we have 24 hours sometime in late January that will be the time we look to score! Other than that it’s summer now.
That actually sounds about right. I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but you aren't really that far off from reality.

Back