• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Duke Power changed their tune again:

They have been a horrible, greedy company for years. Their infrastructure sucks, they jack up rates all the time, and they like to dump coal ash into the water.

By we you mean North Carolina. Toss.

ThatDisguisedBarbet-max-1mb.gif

They have been a horrible, greedy company for years. Their infrastructure sucks, they jack up rates all the time, and they like to dump coal ash into the water.
Wait just a minute ...... I have several members of my immediate family that are employed by Duke Power. It's a household name here and I don't particularly appreciate the shade you are throwing at our livelihood.

Wait just a minute ...... I have several members of my immediate family that are employed by Duke Power. It's a household name here and I don't particularly appreciate the shade you are throwing at our livelihood.
I hate to agree with Brick, but Duke power kind of sucks. You can have good people work for a bad company. Happens all over the place.

We had temps around 0 in the south last weekend. Now you’ll have to travel 1200 miles north above Winnipeg if you want to be that cold this coming weekend.

70 here in Birmingham today. Guess we have to have a bunch of highs in the '70s to counteract highs in the teens and 20s and 30s since the averages are in the '50s as you all know. It's never going to stop having '70s in the south in winter.
Well in about 20 years the 70s will turn into 90s from what I hear.

impatience may start building as we get into the first 10 days of January knowing that nina's are typically Feb torchy. But last year we had a nice pattern 2nd half of Jan. Maybe we get a repeat.
compday.DVSUC6aQaF.gifcompday.BPrp19d9rl.gif

To be fair; I know some guys at Dominion that I respect, but the corporate grubhands ask for more cash constantly is annoying from their big wigs. Then you've got them shutting down properties that were meant for retirees of the old SCEG befvore they bought them out..

IDK about Duke but; I'd assume a lot of similarities go on in energy companies.

Back