• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

All were doing is setting up for another cold spring with the way winter has gone so far if you can even call it winter. The 4th one in a row. I would be shocked if we seen anything less than winter hanging through mid May as usual in the past springs around here lately.

You know it's a tough winter when we can't even get looks like this out in the entertainment range to show snow in the heart of winter lol.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_57.png
In before snowlover87 aka southeastridge aka dewpointdan to say, mid Feb really isn't in heart of Winter...............

The lack of euro support and dry DGZs on the gfs is not encouraging for the backside snow
Could you let the models take away our digital snow before you do, just this once please, it may be all we have for some time... thanks

All were doing is setting up for another cold spring with the way winter has gone so far if you can even call it winter. The 4th one in a row. I would be shocked if we seen anything less than winter hanging through mid May as usual in the past springs around here lately.

I’d argue for a warm spring. Nothing in the indices, MJO, or polar vortex modeling suggests we get a change from our current pattern. Now if those things show up then yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAD and DCA both measured .4 inches of snow this morning to avoid first Winter ever without measurable snowfall.
I wonder when the last time RDU got completely skunked. It has to have been at least 25 years. Maybe in the 1990s sometime?

EDIT: Good article on this for the Triad, at least, and it looks like the early 1990s were literal hell with three years in a row of no measurable snow.

Reactions: WSW
I wonder when the last time RDU got completely skunked. It has to have been at least 25 years. Maybe in the 1990s sometime?

EDIT: Good article on this for the Triad, at least, and it looks like the early 1990s were literal hell with three years in a row of no measurable snow.

the early 90s were just awful

You people that have chickens, what do you do when the temp gets in the single digits?

You people that have chickens, what do you do when the temp gets in the single digits?
They’re pretty resilient in the cold. I think the heat is harder on them. I think my brother just throws a little extra straw in the coop and make sure the water doesn’t freeze up. They just don’t lay a lot of eggs when it’s cold.

Back