• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2021-2022 predictions

Mr. Golf

Reaction score
SD, wouldn't we want a aleutian ridge that is poleward instead of flat? They usually develop in December I think

Mr. Golf

Reaction score
Larry Cosgrove has been forecasting weather as long as I been living, but dont he know a +epo isnt good for cold weather at all? A -nao/ao keeps us from really blowtorchig I suppose. Sufficet to say, we got a long way to go before we get close to a favorable winter pattern 🤔

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
SD, wouldn't we want a aleutian ridge that is poleward instead of flat? They usually develop in December I think
For SE US cold lovers, the opposite (an Aleutian trough) is best for +PNA prospects. Aleutian ridge usually means -PNA. Of course, you're not really in the SE.

Last edited:

Mr. Golf

Reaction score
Not all the times but usually the -wpo is more prevalent in laniñas to deliver cold into Canada. Anthony Masiello always said watch for the aleutian ridge to go poleward and if it did, that was good.