• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2019-20 Discussion

I really have a good feeling about this winter. In the summer of 2013 I moved from South Florida to Charlotte. It was our first winter here, 2013-2014, that we had an above average season. We were worried if it was going to be like that every year. We haven’t had another winter like that in quite a while, and I feel like this year will be comparable.

The 2m spread towards the end of the EPS ain’t little. Difficult to look at the 5h anomaly maps to decipher what is going to happen to start Dec.

E3534527-3056-4A6F-A778-94E144958E11.png

When i go to the daculaweather.com website, there are many models that show the mjo forecast. Does anyone know which model would possibly be correct with the mjo progression currently? Just curious.

Yea. Way to much zonal flow for us. If that verifies....

Regarding your reference to 0Z EPS 11-15: Please explain when you say "way too much zonal flow for us". It is the coldest run yet despite less -NAO and even has your area 4 F colder than normal as Webb's map has. The entire SE is in solid cold with RDU to @pcbjr a whopping -5 anom! Granted, the next run could easily back off of this some but -4 to -5 over nearly the entire SE way out at 11-15 on a warm biased EPS (51 members) is just about as cold an outlook as you're going to see these days outside of some rarities.

Regarding your reference to 0Z EPS 11-15: Please explain when you say "way too much zonal flow for us". It is the coldest run yet despite less -NAO and even has your area 4 F colder than normal as Webb's map has. The entire SE is in solid cold with RDU to @pcbjr a whopping -5 anom! Granted, the next run could easily back off of this some but -4 to -5 over nearly the entire SE way out at 11-15 on a warm biased EPS (51 members) is just about as cold an outlook as you're going to see these days outside of some rarities.
Hey, Larry ...

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

:cool:

Last edited:
Probably should have clarified my post above...yes the EPS is cold through Nov but was more about where it’s going into Dec. I don’t like the ridge building off the Aleutians, but that could be gone in the next few days.

View attachment 26055
Pattern right now is great. December has concerned me (not worried me, but concerned me) for a couple weeks, based on numerous factors (most of which others have raised, so no point in reiteration). It's almost like going to the fair and possibly spending all the money in your pocket on small booths before getting to the ticket counter for the big roller coaster ride ... :eek:

What is going on with the PDO right now, almost like a modoki +PDO lol or just a +PDO shifted west

Back