• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2018-19 Discussion

Last winter sucked! Charleston got more snow out of one storm , than most of the SE got all winter! I think Savannah got more snow and ice than mby!? The after Christmas coldsnap, was pretty epic though! I love cold and dry!:cool:
#TooColdToSnow

Last winter sucked! Charleston got more snow out of one storm , than most of the SE got all winter! I think Savannah got more snow and ice than mby!? The after Christmas coldsnap, was pretty epic though! I love cold and dry!:cool:

yeah my 10 flakes sucked while Corpus Christi and Brownsville had a historic winter... :rolleyes:

Eric has posted on this and I also saw this tweet.

Similar evolution for the 09/10 winter which ended up being a record breaking seasonal -NAO at -2.7 for DJF.

727323e3163d68240eb9061ed27dbab5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope 2018 ends the trend of warm, snowless Decembers in the Raleigh area for the past 7 years. Raleigh hasn’t seen a notable December snowfall since 2010. Last year we were mostly shut out on the December 8-9 system, with the bulk of the event being a 33-34 degree rain ending with a brief snow flurry.

I do not understand why I don’t see any images on that page. I clicked on every link and can’t find the maps. The link is just a long wall of text.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. Lol.

c40c6c82e6bc518a73110d8bf56765b5.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good lord. I went about half way down and thought, surely the maps wouldn’t be all the way down at the bottom where it takes 5 minutes to find them!

But they were worth the wait, I guess. Thanks for posting the image!! Looks amazing.

Back