• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS OPHELIA ?

Regular Nam is looking like 981 landfall or at least the westside of the center landfalling around Cape Fear, this is going to be one of those west side scraps up the coast to Bogue Banks deal and get everyone in on the fun.

namconus_mslp_wind_seus_37.png

Regular Nam is looking like 981 landfall or at least the westside of the center landfalling around Cape Fear, this is going to be one of those west side scraps up the coast to Bogue Banks deal and get everyone in on the fun.
981 is possible. That would be a moderate cat1

NAM3k has come to its senses and is actually weaker than the 12K....and further east...looks like a 986 landfall over MHX. I would not be surprised to see TS warnings and maybe even a Hurricane watch at 5pm this afternoon and a PTC designation by NHC there is a ton of model support for it at this point.

My parents and I both live (separately) in Emerald Isle, and my main concern is the tornados from these systems. I was at their house for the hurricane a couple of summers ago and our house was hit by the spout/nado that hit the waterpark and travel trailer park right along the beach which came across the island over the sound. It was a tad tense at that moment when you knew the house was being hit.

My parents and I both live (separately) in Emerald Isle, and my main concern is the tornados from these systems. I was at their house for the hurricane a couple of summers ago and our house was hit by the spout/nado that hit the waterpark and travel trailer park right along the beach which came across the island over the sound. It was a tad tense at that moment when you knew the house was being hit.
Hard to say if it will spawh alot of severe weather but east of the center needs to watch carefully

If the 3k Nam is right then you will be right side of the center so figure you good for gust to near cane strength, the hi res models dont really have a lot of tornado threat in them right now...

they really have no choice given the model data showing a pretty much truly tropical Cat 1 into inland NC in 40ish hrs....most folks not weather nerds like us have no idea its even there.
That is what I am worried about. Really only 24 hours to prepare and most folks are just thinking it's going to a little windy and rainy, not a potential cat 1 hurricane.

Back