• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Henri

I don't think it'll be like Sandy but the slow motion will make everything that much worse. This will be moving 20 mph slower than the slowest hurricane up there. The water i do agree will be the biggest problem but the winds up there especially prolonged can cause a lot of damage too because the infrastructure is so old. I believe there was issues from Isaias last year and it was long falling apart when it got up there (made landfall in NC for reference)

Im also still a little concerned about NYC if the west trends don't stop that angle would be a nightmare for surge in the harbor but hopefully it stays east

Yeah people forget just last year Isaias gave NYC gust to 60-80 mph.......being on the west side its possible this does not exceed those gust they had last year in NYC.....Long Island out to the eastern shore of Conn and RI is the place to be for this one....

Currently Henri looking a little rough, pressure is up 3mb since the plane got out there as well....shear still keeping him slightly tilted....

Yeah people forget just last year Isaias gave NYC gust to 60-80 mph.......being on the west side its possible this does not exceed those gust they had last year in NYC.....Long Island out to the eastern shore of Conn and RI is the place to be for this one....

Currently Henri looking a little rough, pressure is up 3mb since the plane got out there as well....shear still keeping him slightly tilted....

Yeah I thought I remembered Isaias being bad... And it was a lot weaker up there

JB said awhile ago Henri would not go boom boom until Saturday afternoon/night. Won’t be long

Looking more symmetrical now on satellite and about to hit prime intensification period. Don't be surprised to see a quick little boom over the gulf stream before it starts to weaken prior to lf

WTNT33 KNHC 211440
TCPAT3

BULLETIN
Hurricane Henri Advisory Number 23
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL082021
1100 AM EDT Sat Aug 21 2021

...HENRI IS NOW A HURRICANE...
...A DANGEROUS STORM SURGE, HURRICANE CONDITIONS, AND FLOODING
RAINFALL EXPECTED IN PORTIONS OF THE NORTHEAST UNITED STATES
BEGINNING LATE TONIGHT OR EARLY SUNDAY...

SUMMARY OF 1100 AM EDT...1500 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...34.4N 72.5W
ABOUT 180 MI...290 KM ESE OF CAPE HATTERAS NORTH CAROLINA
ABOUT 465 MI...745 KM S OF MONTAUK POINT NEW YORK
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNE OR 20 DEGREES AT 14 MPH...22 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...991 MB...29.27 INCHES
Henri has become the third hurricane of the season. EDIT: correction.

I just don’t really seeing this be as big of a deal as some are making it seem in the Twitter world … it’s just not giving me worrisome vibes right now … maybe later tonight if he starts looking better I may get more nervous .. I just feel like it’ll end up being like a strong noreaster to people up there

I just don’t really seeing this be as big of a deal as some are making it seem in the Twitter world … it’s just not giving me worrisome vibes right now … maybe later tonight if he starts looking better I may get more nervous .. I just feel like it’ll end up being like a strong noreaster to people up there
Also just peeped at the HWRF it had rain bands beginning to hit early Sunday morning and my Sunday evening the rain was moved out … slow mover? Seems fast enough to me

I think if anything the inland flood threat could be more problematic with the mountains and upslope flow

Way more rain than a nor'easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way more rain than a nor'easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I could see an inland flooding threat for sure.. maybe my neurotransmitters for dangerous storms have been dulled down by beasts like sandy, Harvey, Dorian. Inland flooding could be bad but places in the mountains of NC just went through two feet of rain from a FRED and had the worst flooding they’ve ever seen .. maybe what I’m getting at is it just won’t be as memorable when we get these types of storms often

A lot will have to do with wind field size too, Henri is on the small side wind field wise for now anyways and honestly he looks a bit meh on sat loops currently. So duration is going to trump intensity on the wind side, but a slowing storm approaching at that angle will like Shaggy said pile the water in, though it probably wont be any worse than some of the monster bombs they get in the winter, the wind field just wont be that big....they are lucking out that this is not some long hauler with a several hundred mile wide wind field. The biggest concern would be the rainfall as the system slows and rains out over the mts and hills of interior NE.

This is the predicted wind field at landfall...notice the total halfacane they got here which would spare a lot of the NYC metro etc....

FORECAST VALID 22/0000Z 36.9N 71.9W
MAX WIND 75 KT...GUSTS 90 KT.
64 KT... 20NE 25SE 0SW 0NW.
50 KT... 50NE 70SE 0SW 0NW.
34 KT...100NE 120SE 70SW 70NW.

Back