• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Henri

New track is now east of Long Island.
211547_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Looks to have made the turn NNW now, probably eastern tip of LI as a TS but will be labeled as a H lol

Yeah recon is a mess, there is a small area on the S and SE corner that seems to produce some near cane force 10 sec winds.....but this is not some large core mature cane bringing big winds with it.....50 miles from the center on the west side there are barely 40-50 mph wind gust at the surface over open ocean. That said along and to the east of the center liable to get a good lick unless it craps out overnight.

Does look like he is trying to flare up over the center but he has had trouble maintaining these flare ups, this is probably his last chance to get it together as he is crossing the GS into colder water....

Rain is probably gonna be the biggest impact coupled with the wind tide making runoff all but impossible.....you have water coming up from surge and water trying to run out with no where to go....

I’ll be honest though … New York City does not seem like they are in a good position in regards to flooding issues. Almost looks like rain is going to expand as the storm closes in. Tomorrow looks interesting to stay informed with the latest .. I think he’s looking his best at this moment

I’ll be honest though … New York City does not seem like they are in a good position in regards to flooding issues. Almost looks like rain is going to expand as the storm closes in. Tomorrow looks interesting to stay informed with the latest .. I think he’s looking his best at this moment

They flooded from some random storm a few months ago I remember

Got to remember too the subways and a lot of the tunnels are underground so they are going to flood first

Very impressed with the atmospheric River plowing into Pennsylvania rn. And Henri looks good rain wise very juicy wet system on radar

Oops like he should landfall over the far eastern extent of the hurricane warning area. With the hurricane force winds extending to the east it now appears RI and eastern tip of Long Island are most likely for strongest winds

The impacts have shifted to the west side it looks like. This is a respectable very strong TS/ weak hurricane for this area. Radar looks better than a lot of storms tbh.

Back