• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Henri

Nearly every model shows a landfalling storm somewhere between Martha's Vineyard and the western tip of Long Island

View attachment 88794
Probably not a huge deal but seeing all these models initialize a little N/NE of the actual center certainly does make one think LI might be square in the cross hairs on this one.

Interesting to note models coming in to the northeast mainly keep precip shield to the west of the cyclone. This is also while the storm is weakening on approach. It’ll certainly be interesting seeing a storm or cane hit NE just don’t know how big of an impact it’ll have.719B27F8-E2C2-4A1A-A0B0-F596510E806C.png

I wouldn't completely buy into the cold water if it's transitioning to post tropical it can strengthen that way too

Now I do agree it'll probably be slowly weakening near the coast but I don't think you'll see it just fall apart

And honestly the water is probably gonna be a bigger problem than the wind
Cold water in late August ? That's hard to believe. Isn't water almost at its warmest now ?

There will be colder water but, you can also see the energy from the trough, that cuts off and eventually pulls this NW, being injected into Henri on it's approach to land and probably transitioning at that time but will still be a very formidable cyclone for them.

1629474868484.gif

Last edited:
Back