• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Henri

Imagine if this stalled convection N of Henri was over land. Would be a much bigger deal. Have to see if comes ashore today or not. DAD94289-D4A3-41FA-9615-904AE2CBD192.jpeg

Imagine if this stalled convection N of Henri was over land. Would be a much bigger deal. Have to see if comes ashore today or not. View attachment 88872
I hope Henri doesn’t shut down the Wilkesboro subway system!
They said it’s coming on shore at low tide

Henri is very likely not a hurricane right now, or even that strong of a TS he really looks like garbage......he has maybe 12-24 hrs to get it together before water temps cap any possible intensification....and right now that looks like a pretty large task for Henri to pull off...

151351_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Track shifted east.

He’s proven even more that this again I just won’t be that big of a deal other than a flash flooding threat for sure .. but honestly everyone deals with that nowadays

Recon is not finding a cane right now and honestly the surface wind field is smaller and weaker than I thought it would be at this point, Henri appears to have a rather large overall circulation and thats making it tough to wrap up I think...I doubt they lower him to a TS with them expecting some intensification overnight....pressure is down so thats reason enough to keep him a cane I suppose even though the recon plane is not finding anything much above 60-70 mph even at flight level....

Finally found some cane conditions on the SE side of the center......not the west side of the center had nothing gust in to the 40's very lopsided storm and the worse will definitely be along and east of track.....also still moving NNE quickly would not be surprised to see some small shifts east with the track...

Back