• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

Debby is sustaining the current convective blow up very well, and of course no recon but we do have radar so at least there is some idea as to the winds etc...

It sure is. I have no idea where this run will lead, but if this is close to being right Savannah and Charleston are in trouble rainfall wise.
Yep. I'm certainly not downplaying this as a whole. This is going to be worse than 2015 for the state of SC for the eastern half. More rain and over a larger area. This includes coastal GA and eastern NC. Back here I think we're in good shape to avoid anything major. I think I got more rain last night by far from that stationary storm (2-3 inches) than I'll get off Debby in the next week. And I'm ok with that. I was in Columbia for 2015 and it wasn't fun. Give me clouds and showers and with any luck we'll have sinking air on the backside and cooler temps

The 18z GFS shows what’s gonna happen regardless of the center. Atlantic moisture pushes inland over all of the s/e and the front is involved in the west. The only thing people are upset about is it not showing a strong cane into NC. The NHC has never showed that. The ICON, folks, must be thrown out. I’ll eat my hat if it’s right.

There is no way the GFS is right. A blend of the ICON and Euro is where this is headed meaning much of SC and NC are in for a lot of rain.
If the GFS is right its just going to br the same ol hot and humid in NC. I wish it would move fast NE and miss east so we could get some dry cooler air behind it. The GFS is just summer misery nonstop.

We'll have to see when short range models come into range if they start picking up on more interaction with the front. The Euro isn't at the moment. As far as SE flow and upslope that would occur when the center is off the GA coast. My opinion we're too far away. Once the center gets to Lumberton , even though its closer the SE flow here is gone.
Even BRad P has discussed he expects much more rainfall that what's being forecasted on the NW side and a stalled front backs that up.

If the GFS is right its just going to br the same ol hot and humid in NC. I wish it would move fast NE and miss east so we could get some dry cooler air behind it. The GFS is just summer misery nonstop.
This thing is still going a WEEK from now near Tallahassee. I don't think so.

Negative. Even NC sees a foot of rain with the GFS. Don’t worry about the center or eye. Look at your Atlantic feed and stalled front. All solutions are flooding. Esp for Wilmington. It’s always harder to forecast west of Raleigh but a lot of people are gonna get soaked with the setup.

Negative. Even NC sees a foot of rain with the GFS. Don’t worry about the center or eye. Look at your Atlantic feed and stalled front. All solutions are flooding. Esp for Wilmington. It’s always harder to forecast west of Raleigh but a lot of people are gonna get soaked with the setup.
Well, ive seen rain, its wet and i will be delighted if it doesnt dump a bunch of rain here

Even BRad P has discussed he expects much more rainfall that what's being forecasted on the NW side and a stalled front backs that up.
IF the GFS is somehow close to being right someone near that front is in for a surprise, because with that low in GA upslope moisture would come up against it for at least 2-3 days if not longer. A secondary max of 10+ could be realized somewhere near the front, probably in the upslope favored NC and SC foothills. Maybe the metros of Charlotte and GSP too.

Back