• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

I didn't think about kids already being back in school. Ours don't go back until the 19th.

I had a chance to peek at historical river data for our big floods. 10/6/2016 a couple days before Matthew hit SC the Little Pee Dee at Galivants Ferry was at 7.1'. On 10/12 it was at 17' and catastrophic flooding.

On 9/14/2018 the river was at 3.0' and hit 17' again on the 20th.

As of right now it's at 8.2' at the very same gauge. I used this gauge because it's downstream from the confluence of the Little Pee Dee/Lumber Rivers and is a good analogue for other coastal plain rivers like the Black, Waccamaw and so on. The Great Pee Dee and Cape Fear are so dependent on upstream water releases so I didn't use them.

I saw 6 bags/house.
I wish there was a way to drain Daffin Park before storms arrived. You would think…even Lake Meyer. Forget the fish we need less water. Other towns and states do it.

Icon is underestimating precip on the west/northwest side, as the system eventually slides north.
That’s what Brad P seems to think as well. He says the stalled front interaction with Debby should lead to a much more expansive precipitation shield to the west of the track

Beautiful weather in the Bahamas the past couple of days on a cruise. Thankful that the system stayed west of here.

Supposed to fly out of Orlando tomorrow but not sure if that will happen without at least significant delays but at this point whatever happens, happens.

That’s what Brad P seems to think as well. He says the stalled front interaction with Debby should lead to a much more expansive precipitation shield to the west of the track
This is why I think 2-5" is a good bet even back my way with closer to 4-8" back towards 77

Is it just me or has that stalled front made eastward progress today?

Getting there, still struggling just a bit to really wrap the center...that band hitting the coast now though is nasty..

KTBW - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 4_14 PM.png

Back