• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Weather Banter & Venting Thread

The models are just as bad with hurricane threats to NC as they are with winter storm threats.

Finally the NC snow shields are coming in handy, apparently they work on hurricanes too!
CyBfghC.jpg

The great JB says he isn’t buying the 12z Euro. He says he may change his forecast IF a day out the Euro looks right. That makes me feel confident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes me feel a little better too, but honestly not by much. I'm smack between Chapel Hill and Sanford and watching the projected total QPFs from the stall the last few days... I don't trust this area when a gnat sneezes, nevermind a major hurricane that might stall out.

Off subject, but do you long time (and newer time, I'm sorry I'll newish here) members ever plan meet ups or anything? Being in central NC I know there's quite a few of you around, and it'd be rad to make friends with other weenies/mets offline as I progress through school!
The great JB says he isn’t buying the 12z Euro. He says he may change his forecast IF a day out the Euro looks right. That makes me feel confident

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That makes me feel a little better too, but honestly not by much. I'm smack between Chapel Hill and Sanford and watching the projected total QPFs from the stall the last few days... I don't trust this area when a gnat sneezes, nevermind a major hurricane that might stall out.

Off subject, but do you long time (and newer time, I'm sorry I'll newish here) members ever plan meet ups or anything? Being in central NC I know there's quite a few of you around, and it'd be rad to make friends with other weenies/mets offline as I progress through school!

Party at Phil's house ... when there is a 6" accumulating snow ... :D

My post was meant as sarcasm. I trust very little of what JB puts out and his comments don’t make me feel better at this time...

In the 5pm advisory, anyone else catch where they acknowledge the shifts of the GFS and UKMET, then when they get to the Euro they give it credence up to 72hrs then move right on to something else?

Ahhhhhh I see the /s now hahaha Nevermind then. I'm back to being a scared child again then lmao
My post was meant as sarcasm. I trust very little of what JB puts out and his comments don’t make me feel better at this time...

Careful Phil, it seems these might be stranger times weather-wise. I might hold you too that! (As an aside, you're one of the regulars here I've enjoyed the insights of the most. Even if you are a Deadhead )
Party at Phil's house ... when there is a 6" accumulating snow ... :D

Careful Phil, it seems these might be stranger times weather-wise. I might hold you too that! (As an aside, you're one of the regulars here I've enjoyed the insights of the most. Even if you are a Deadhead )

Thanks, actually more than you might know.
And btw ... the 1099 income from Charlie and Shane for just popping off in here is building quite a retirement account ... :rolleyes:

22428C85-E4E0-454A-A8EA-1BB57F3C5E0F.png What do you got to do to get some damn rain around here!???:weenie:

Wasted so much time tracking this and this will end up having minimal impacts on Raleigh. Good news is AC will be working this weekend.

AL Roker just showed the heavy rainfall axis up through extreme ENC into VA! Has this guy looked at any model run today?

Back