• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Tropical Tropical Weather Banter & Venting Thread (2 Viewers)

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
So ummm what's up with the site on the computer, I'm logged out and it won't let me log back in. I reset my password and still no bueno.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Storm5

Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
So ummm what's up with the site on the computer, I'm logged out and it won't let me log back in. I reset my password and still no bueno.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I logged out then back in . Let me know if you are still having issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 17th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks is a good time to remember the importance of first responders in all of our lives. Thousands of first responders will be risking life and limb on a huge scale this week assisting the public as trees are uprooted, power lines fall, and flood waters rise.

I understand we don’t want the main Florence thread cluttered with banter but I fell like a few shots here or there give the discussion some character. Just my two pennies

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
I understand we don’t want the main Florence thread cluttered with banter but I fell like a few shots here or there give the discussion some character. Just my two pennies
I don't completely disagree but we've found before if you don't have a cross the board "policy" then when you start allowing some and not others, you get complaints. Heck you allow it you get complaints, you remove it you get complaints.... trust me we can't win. Lol

I don't completely disagree but we've found before if you don't have a cross the board "policy" then when you start allowing some and not others, you get complaints. Heck you allow it you get complaints, you remove it you get complaints.... trust me we can't win. Lol
You are right. Hard to keep it balanced w/o looking like you’re playing favorites

whatalife

Staff member
Supporter
The great JB says he isn’t buying the 12z Euro. He says he may change his forecast IF a day out the Euro looks right. That makes me feel confident

That makes me feel a little better too, but honestly not by much. I'm smack between Chapel Hill and Sanford and watching the projected total QPFs from the stall the last few days... I don't trust this area when a gnat sneezes, nevermind a major hurricane that might stall out.

Off subject, but do you long time (and newer time, I'm sorry I'll newish here) members ever plan meet ups or anything? Being in central NC I know there's quite a few of you around, and it'd be rad to make friends with other weenies/mets offline as I progress through school!
The great JB says he isn’t buying the 12z Euro. He says he may change his forecast IF a day out the Euro looks right. That makes me feel confident

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pcbjr

Supporter
That makes me feel a little better too, but honestly not by much. I'm smack between Chapel Hill and Sanford and watching the projected total QPFs from the stall the last few days... I don't trust this area when a gnat sneezes, nevermind a major hurricane that might stall out.

Off subject, but do you long time (and newer time, I'm sorry I'll newish here) members ever plan meet ups or anything? Being in central NC I know there's quite a few of you around, and it'd be rad to make friends with other weenies/mets offline as I progress through school!

Party at Phil's house ... when there is a 6" accumulating snow ... :D

whatalife

Staff member
Supporter

My post was meant as sarcasm. I trust very little of what JB puts out and his comments don’t make me feel better at this time...

In the 5pm advisory, anyone else catch where they acknowledge the shifts of the GFS and UKMET, then when they get to the Euro they give it credence up to 72hrs then move right on to something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)