• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Nestor

NC looks moist on the 18z Hrrr

hrrr_apcpn_seus_27.png

1.14" of rain has fallen at my grandparents home in Douglasville so far where I put my weather station before moving to Cali this past summer. Out here visiting them this week and everything was dead so this rain is very welcome. Highest wind gust has been 28 and that was just a bit ago.

Hope y'all get more rain out here over the next few weeks!

Last edited:
Been raining again for probably a little over a half hour and based off radar trends, should at least end up with 1"+. So, while I think what was a dry slot hit me for a bit, I should end up with a good total (maybe not what at least last night's NAM showed for me tbh though).

I can’t get over what a blessing this looks to be for much of the parched SE with a large area of 1-3” and no real strong storm to worry about. This is exactly what the doc ordered!
And don’t believe the widespread high wind gusts on some models. They overdo them all the time. High winds of 50+ should be mainly near the coast and only isolated inland.

For most of N, C, and coastal GA, this huge blessing that folks were begging for verified well with 1-2" in just about the entire area (and more still falling in many areas). The highest is 3"+ in a few spots. However, ironically enough, places near the path of the low in far SW and in south central GA got very little!

My total is 1.3"+ of very beneficial rain, which started near sunrise and continued all day with more rain falling since that measurement was taken,. I plan to post the total tomorrow. There were no thunderstorms. The afternoon had some gusty SE winds that likely got at least as high as 40 mph per nearby stations. KSAV, further inland, actually measured 44. That was just enough to cause some isolated power outages and even caused my power to blink at one point mid afternoon.

As predicted, this will turn out to easily be the most effect from a named storm so far this season for much of the SE. For my area, it is a somewhat close call between this and Dorian but with Dorian winning out due to somewhat higher winds along with higher duration and 2 one hour long power outages. The rainfall should end up pretty similar.

Last edited:
That wind here in upstate sc has really picked up with the rain. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if gusts is up to 30-35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.01 so far. 1-3 still looks pretty good across the area. Think someone just NW of the remnant low track could max out near 4

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back