• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Nestor

Yeah the drought monitor map is pretty bad for Atlanta proper and parts northeast from there (it's either severe or extreme drought in much of it) and this storm looks like its not really going to help which is a shame.

That's not to say there aren't other areas in Georgia that don't have drought that is going to get help. Based off Sunday, the early week system, and this storm, a lot of south Georgia and east Georgia might get removed from the drought next week. Maybe southeast Alabama too.

Not far off from winter weather per the CMC near i40 in NC. 34 degrees with uniform precip shield at the SC border. If only upslope occurred a little quicker I wouldn’t rule out a sleet pellet or freezing rain south-western NC if a shower developed out ahead. Isolated at best and prob limited to a MTN.

Last edited:
Pretty gusty out here at Biloxi MS right now. Just some light rain at times. Actually just had a nice beach walk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Significant NW jog on the nam. Looks like the heaviest rain goes over upstate sc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. But what the Nam is actually showing is what has happened time and time again. The southern mountains in nc is ringing out more moisture. So the extreme northern part of Oconee and Pickens counties and the southern part of Transylvania and Henderson counties could see a nice bullseye for rain of 2-3 inches.

3KM NAM looks different in regards to some areas vs 12KM.

nam3km_apcpn_seus_11.png

There has to be upper level divergence or sometime at play, to even get precip up my way! The storm is very lopsided and all the convection is on the E/SE side

I guess take your model of choice! My new favorite, the WRF!A0FD90B3-04FF-47E0-B226-B6301EFBDB8B.png5C4A2573-068C-46FB-8595-990C5284B4F0.png

One of the NAMs has the low tracking almost over CLT! We are right in the NAMs wheelhouse!

Fair warning, the last few HRRRs have shown the possibility of a dry slot (which I suppose with a subtropical storm or probable transition to it we all knew was possible).

And the GFS looks very subtropically.

Fair warning, the last few HRRRs have shown the possibility of a dry slot (which I suppose with a subtropical storm or probable transition to it we all knew was possible).

And the GFS looks very subtropically.

Hrrrr has the center In a bit of a odd location. It’s on Georgia/Alabama border nearly moving due north i am not buying that

b4a5d7ded29f18e689b729c90846f21a.jpg

Back