• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Nestor

60 mph and no designation other than PTC still. I think this is a record or ties one. And lol at the wishcasting this east. I know I'm no better saying west, but we need it here. Bring it NW!

I think they held up because the LLC is elongated and the storm is extremely lopsided....recon is not finding a well defined LLC, they will pull the trigger at 5 if the LLC can tighten up.......

recon_NOAA2-0316A-PTC16.png

I think they held up because the LLC is elongated and the storm is extremely lopsided....recon is not finding a well defined LLC, they will pull the trigger at 5 if the LLC can tighten up.......

yep. Time is running out to see it fully tropical. The ULL trough to the NW is starting to interact with the system now. By 8PM tonight the HRRR has that blob dying and the ULL stacking into a broad system.

Here you can see the blob die to the east and the storm pull up under that trough. It will probably still be tropical in nature though.

The less tropical it is the better for rain. It will be much more spread out.

3.gif

Here you can see the "transition" or whatever you want to call it already well on its way. That blob's hours are numbered!

5.png

60 mph and no designation other than PTC still. I think this is a record or ties one. And lol at the wishcasting this east. I know I'm no better saying west, but we need it here. Bring it NW!

Yeah its a pretty unique setup. Wind is just one criteria though! NHC has it right. I could see this being problematic for the public though. Potential Tropical Cyclone 16 doesn't have the same ring to it haha.

Still hugging the 3k NAM!!3CF742E0-A9F9-4579-AEFD-65F2B25DBF32.png6022891A-FBE5-4F27-B0C1-F8CD6F40CDFD.png

So if or when it becomes a name system, it would go straight to a strong TS?

Its gonna be sometime this afternoon if it's going to become tropical. If not as it gets closer to land I have to think they'll name it as a subtropical storm.

Definitely interesting to have a 60 MPH storm that is not named.

Guess the Gulf can call this their little own "Gulf-easter" (although this will eventually go straight to Nestor).

I get it though. Looks decent on IR but the circulation still seems broad.
Gulf Easter? Lol. You must got that off TWC, because that's what the guy on there is calling it

Needs a closed center of curculation.
If it were a tropical storm would it be more dangerous than it is now ? With it not being a tropical storm, does that make it harder for it to intensify ? I guess the general public would probably not take it as seriously if it doesnt have a name.

Finally

BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Nestor Intermediate Advisory Number 5A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL162019
100 PM CDT Fri Oct 18 2019

...DISTURBANCE BECOMES TROPICAL STORM NESTOR...
...DANGEROUS STORM SURGE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXPECTED
ALONG PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT...

Finally

BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Nestor Intermediate Advisory Number 5A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL162019
100 PM CDT Fri Oct 18 2019

...DISTURBANCE BECOMES TROPICAL STORM NESTOR...
...DANGEROUS STORM SURGE AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXPECTED
ALONG PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT...
My guess is this was to benefit the public because it looks less organized now than the last advisory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Three Carnival cruise ships are apparently heading into the path of this storm right now, silver lining is it's not like that Lorenzo situation where a ship sank but there was enough of a chance of a tropical storm that you'd think that Carnival would've redirected their paths before today.

Back