• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

4AF7180C-8DDD-4E72-9A18-0749BB3A6240.png Oh my, that looks like the cmc, this is the onset tho so maybe latent heat release from raindrops will warm up sfc temps a bit ?

bd86ccbcd032e5e9b7a7933b93f38f4b.jpg

I don’t know if I should laugh because I don’t believe it. Or take it seriously upstate sc oh my that’s a ice storm that John ceserish says will be mostly a cold rain. And we all know John knows weather lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That initial batch of precipitation on this run of the nam really drops the temperatures. Gets the triad into the upper 20’s and locks it in. I would imagine that it would be hard to scour that out with this setup.

That initial batch of precipitation on this run of the nam really drops the temperatures. Gets the triad into the upper 20’s and locks it in. I would imagine that it would be hard to scour that out with this setup.
Loving these DP's
58c787aeb19ade27b57f64e979cdef11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The reason why it’s colder in north GA is the valleys with much lower elevation, colder air pools in easier

NAM 3km has that same band of overrunning precip that causes evaporative cooling and gets a lot of places below freezing before the main precip comes in....

Back