• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

We'll see what happens with the tropics and any MCS next week.

Well that didn't take long.

Hi-Res models have a MCS diving southward through DFW early tomorrow morning.

Naturally, there can only be one outcome (decaying stratiform rain then socked in cloud debris for Saturday).

Reactions: SD
check this thing out just north of CLT, its hard to think that isn't going to go to work. Loop the below link when it opens

Looks like the remnants of a TC, those areas where the sun has broken out in & around that should pop soon, very soon. You might get smoked this afternoon

Yeah and it's headed right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah normally I would be jumping for joy but the models being so meh has me thinking I'm missing something here. Maybe too much subsidence on the backside of the departing wave from last night? CU today is fairly short and flat

Looks like the remnants of a TC, those areas where the sun has broken out in & around that should pop soon, very soon. You might get smoked this afternoon
I think you are in a good spot. Not sure how you have done this week but your area looks good this evening.

I think you are in a good spot. Not sure how you have done this week but your area looks good this evening.

Actually the last 7 days, not as good as one might think.... although I'm not complaining, I've had around 2" total since this big wet period broke the long dry spell last week.

1623426855058.png

Btw departure from normals the last 60 days and even though short term it seems wet, if today and tomorrow don't produce it may take that tropical system somewhere down the line (except eastern NC of course, my how the tides have turned!)

1623427111111.png

Btw departure from normals the last 60 days and even though short term it seems wet, if today and tomorrow don't produce it may take that tropical system somewhere down the line (except eastern NC of course, my how the tides have turned!)

View attachment 85197

Pgv just under a 9 inch surplus but the heaviest rain was just south of the airport this week so I'm sure theres areas running 10+.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-121422_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210611-121422_Gallery.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 4

View attachment 85197

I am pretty much right under that purple pixel in eastern Pitt Co.....having to take really short showers, spread out out laundry/dish washer etc since my septic tank cant drain this after a month of dead grass.......went from drought to surplus in 7 days lol.....the upside is the headwaters of the Tar are not getting hammered so river levels should fall off quickly.....

Why hasn't the storm prediction center put a marginal? Why haven't they mentioned a tornado setup? Sometimes I genuinely wonder if anybody has any kinda clue what the weather will do. Right now, seems like guess work.
That’s a setup the GFS model is showing 7-9 days later......

Back