• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

From WRAL

A heads-up for tomorrow evening as it appears we could see a convergence zone set up from an outflow boundary to the north and the sea breeze front colliding over us. The end result of this will be a line of heavy showers and storms with a flooding potential. This rain will sag south through the overnight and may last through 2-4AM.

FB_IMG_1623203069719.jpg

97faf2c584c9c56e7aeea8b9936b0aa3.jpg

Feisty storm here maybe a little bit of broad rotation. Of course nothing worth issuing a warning over but if it where daylight you’d probably have a nice low cloud deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing the short range models have been absolute garbage so far this summer. Lol.

In a perfect world we catch some rain from the disturbance today and tomorrow but I'm not sold we can get that lucky. The disturbance today might be too late and we start getting a lot of CINH in place and the outflow does like it did Monday where the outflow generated convection becomes less and less as the evening progresses. I really like the disturbance tomorrow but I worry we end up with too much subsidence on the back of todays disturbance and possibly too much debris cloudiness. We will see

Last edited:
In a perfect world we catch some rain from the disturbance today and tomorrow but I'm not sold we can get that lucky. The disturbance today might be too late and we start getting a lot of CINH in place and the outflow does like it did Monday where the outflow generated convection becomes less and less as the evening progresses. I really like the disturbance tomorrow but I worry we end up with too might subsidence on the back of todays disturbance and possibly too much debris clouds. We will see

Yeah, today is one of those days where it's basically wait and see. I know Monday wasn't great for your area but we got smacked here. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. Hoping for something!

Reactions: SD
In a perfect world we catch some rain from the disturbance today and tomorrow but I'm not sold we can get that lucky. The disturbance today might be too late and we start getting a lot of CINH in place and the outflow does like it did Monday where the outflow generated convection becomes less and less as the evening progresses. I really like the disturbance tomorrow but I worry we end up with too much subsidence on the back of todays disturbance and possibly too much debris cloudiness. We will see
I wouldn’t be too worried although with our luck we will se how find a way in between cells .. but regardless the storms look much more widespread then past days and it even goes into the night tonight .. and multiple rounds showing up tomorrow ... i dont know i Think many continue the beneficial rain parade today and tomorrow

Prime example of just how bad modeling has been. Basically every model showed your area getting a really good soaking.
This is exactly what I was talking about a couple weeks ago when saying you really can’t look at precip output when looking at these models this time of the year. Much of precip right now comes from convection firing up in the afternoon and as you said above, even the short range models are having a difficult time with total coverage and amounts. This is where we just got to look at the overall setup. Right now I feel good about the opportunity for most of us in the Carolinas to get some widespread soaking rain the next couple days. Hopefully the Triad folks can get in on the action… they’ve been fairly unlucky compared to other area the last few days

Back