• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

This GFS run is actually better, better if you like ice, for areas down in the Chapel Hill Raleigh area. Quite a bit of ice.
Understatement... Lol
585ccb068ced0b47a376cebb34496f8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At this point it’s looking like one of those Landrum mountainous regions and points north events. Where you look at the radar and see green over your house but NC is getting pounded. Can’t wait for this one. Friday can’t get here soon enough

At this point it’s looking like one of those Landrum mountainous regions and points north events. Where you look at the radar and see green over your house but NC is getting pounded. Can’t wait for this one. Friday can’t get here soon enough
Don't worry they're screwed too and just don't know it yet. When it's the GFS against the world what could go wrong for them?

In spite of the apparent volatility in the models the past few days and multitude of “trends”, the threat of an ice storm over CAD favored regions of the Carolinas (esp NC) isn’t going away. The next 24-36 hours will be critical as the models will finally have RAOB sampling of this shortwave by tomorrow night. My prior experience says these shortwaves trend stronger in the short range which supports the idea of a winter storm late next week. I mentioned earlier that the chances of an ice storm were 15-20% at best based on what I was seeing this afternoon, those odds will increase substantially if we follow historical precedence regarding short-range trends with this s/w.

It only takes some minor changes to see this explode. It only takes few more degrees and GA could be in play much better.
Agreed if that hp would have moved instead of meandering in the same area this could have been a better run

Last edited:
Back