• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

To go along with my post above, the best guys to pay attention to when it comes to model blending and picks is the WPC. They have been doing this a long time, and end up being more right than wrong. Watch how they speak about what modeling they have chosen to use in their forecasts and for what reasons. It will help out a lot on which models are performing the best in the current (and future) pattern.

I highlighted important parts to pay attention to dealing with the models below. (Sometimes you will see them outright throw a rogue solution out due to inconsistency and they will explain it.)

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/discuss.shtml
Agree. WPC is rarely wrong.

I love the back and forth dance the GFS and Euro have been doing with the potential storm next week. To that says there is a legit shot at a winter storm here. Maybe it might not work out, but the potential is definitely there.

Interesting...
b1361d7669364cd35194d0f600055d37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well simply because the Euro is the most reliable. Therefore I believe we will see the GFS trend that way. Just guessing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the Euro can be more reliable in some cases, but not always. I wouldn't go with just with one model. This is where the blending of other models come into play.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Back