• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

I really don't think this is going to be a significant winter event at all. Trends show the overrunning disappearing so that'll most likely end with rain. At best I think it'll be a light morning CAD event west of 85 NW of Gainesville Georgia onward.

I think the Euro might do it.
12z
1575957600-g6scFttJbYU.png

06z
1575957600-3SRvYzzBYEc.png

I really don't think this is going to be a significant winter event at all. Trends show the overrunning disappearing so that'll most likely end with rain. At best I think it'll be a light morning CAD event west of 85 NW of Gainesville Georgia onward.
Regardless of whether it turns to rain or not those CAD regions could easily pick up a quarter of an inch or more of ice when temps allow and usually end up staying colder longer so it could pick up quickly ... after ice happens there’s no reverse button whether it melts if not the damage will already have been done

Regardless of whether it turns to rain or not those CAD regions could easily pick up a quarter of an inch or more of ice when temps allow and usually end up staying colder longer so it could pick up quickly ... after ice happens there’s no reverse button whether it melts if not the damage will already have been done
Most of the Time, CAD ice events stay around 32 degrees and not everything sticks, this time, much more cold air to work with.

I have high confidence the euro does something wintry here ... u can see a low with plenty more moisture down in the gulf on the pivotal maps ... way more than the overnight run .. it looks like the moisture is beginning to move north while a big ole high is entering from the north ...

I have high confidence the euro does something wintry here ... u can see a low with plenty more moisture down in the gulf on the pivotal maps ... way more than the overnight run .. it looks like the moisture is beginning to move north while a big ole high is entering from the north ...

Agreed it enters the Gulf at the right time on this run

From American, the 925 temps, that’s classic CAD all day!
Yeah, not quite but a shift towards GFS

View attachment 27387
Verbatim, the high here looks to be moving in tandem, or building in slightly ahead of the wave, and models seem to be converging on 1040-1042 high! Good stuff

Back