• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

From some on this thread, it would seem that I need to plan to visit Jackson, MS again next Tuesday morning to see the icy goods.

I have never seen so much hype for a cold front before. Please don't get hyped up for this. There is nothing to see.
on this. I’d get it if the FV3 or the Euro were putting out several inches of snow like the one in November, but we have nothing. Unless we get another December 2017 storm, Anafronts are dead to me. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I maybe wrong, but I believe the ICON has terrible predicted temp. profiles. The placement of moisture is ideal though, it's in the snow-zone that I drew on my map that I posted up earlier. If it was cold on that run, that would be a lot of snow on tonight's ICON run. The main front passes through, moisture builds back in as the STJ kicks in gear starting at 06z Tuesday.

The players are at least on the field I’ll give you that much. But if this things gonna happen models need to start showing it.

I maybe wrong, but I believe the ICON has terrible predicted temp. profiles. The placement of moisture is ideal though, it's in the snow-zone that I drew on my map that I posted up earlier. If it was cold on that run, that would be a lot of snow on tonight's ICON run. The main front passes through, moisture builds back in as the STJ kicks in gear starting a 06z Tuesday.
I think the mountains would have the best shot at anything this early in the game. If this were a situation where snow pack was abundant to our north and a stalled arctic front that would be much different. If for any reason what you highlight works out for this area I will be the first to buy you a beer lol.

If you zoom in real close Al/Ga line then you can see some mixing blending in on the gfs tonight. All I'm saying, is there could be a chance that something happens big or small. Gefs has been showing this potential for days now.
sn10_acc.conus.png

I’m not hyping or nothing, but there has been a interesting trend on the GFS, still temps are mostly to warm, but the trends on the GFS has been a slightly stronger western Atlantic ridge (helps with moisture but to much can mean it’s to warm) and less of a PV Lobe press with allows more moisture for the Carolinas/GA/AL, mostly a anafront tho, look how bad the GFS is tho with that low in SE Canada which will end up acting as a 50/50 low and destroy any sort of transient -NAO 2D1C1274-F698-421A-AC61-2935C6F67AE8.gifD9674E05-9DBE-4E4D-B41E-BD8BC3749B0B.gif

The players are at least on the field I’ll give you that much. But if this things gonna happen models need to start showing it.

It’s still 6-7 days away. Plenty of time for models to catch on to something

Euro/GFS are in surprising agreement with the H5 pattern at around 200 hours, it’s meh for a winter event due to AN heights in the SE but there is that Shortwave in the SW/near Mexico

I have never seen so much hype for a cold front before. Please don't get hyped up for this. There is nothing to see.

As much as I don’t believe this will happen, I also have learned to not discount a possibility. You know what else was a cold front with not much to see a week out, 12/08/17. How do I know? Because I said something like it. The ICON is much closer than anything else at this point. It needs a stronger cold push. Now it’s probably wrong, but for comparison purposes it’s closer to what you want at H5.

Now the “needless hype for a cold front” award goes to that debacle of a thread last year that someone tagged my name in the title.

on this. I’d get it if the FV3 or the Euro were putting out several inches of snow like the one in November, but we have nothing. Unless we get another December 2017 storm, Anafronts are dead to me. Lol.

12/8/17 wasn’t an “anafront” setup in the sense most people think of. It was a secondary wave/overrunning setup.

GFS is trying to break some 2m temperature records out in fantasy land ? . I think it maybe has a cold bias

Gefs has a good signal for CAD around hour 228-252 and has kept that for the past several runs, but most members have the storm cut or amp up way to much, so most show ice to rain, I’m interested in this Becuase even in the worst case, a in situ CAD would be possible 05EDCED4-D26E-4254-8F7A-91FCA0797253.jpegDA55EF8B-5D46-40AA-86B1-4CC8539AC918.jpeg

CMC hour 222. Trying to throw moisture from the Atlantic in quickly over leftover artic air mass. Temps in the teens prior. Makings of a light icing event or cold rain. May get interesting for spots further west too as it gets closer. 229C9A7D-0B89-4210-BB6C-E59E89C4F9A8.jpeg

Back