• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

As long as its seasonable in the winter with a few storms mixed in that's all in ask for. Tired of endless torching and smashing warmth records in winter. But, we all know what happens down here when the Arctic unloads. Cold and dry more often than not. So give me seasonable with an active pattern.
1 or 2 arctic blasts, no matter how dry, so long as there is sufficient duration, selfishly rids me of invasive Cuban frogs ... after that, all the snow and ice you can handle is my wish ... and I'll gladly take a taste ... if the dadgum frogs are extinct ... ;)

1 or 2 arctic blasts, no matter how dry, so long as there is sufficient duration, selfishly rids me of invasive Cuban frogs ... after that, all the snow and ice you can handle is my wish ... and I'll gladly take a taste ... if the dadgum frogs are extinct ... ;)
How about we get a good snow on the ground followed by an Arctic dump that lasts a week or so? That way we're both happy! ?

12z Euro agrees with the 192 GFS re: the western ridge. And I really like not seeing the big SE pig ridge and all the cold air on the other side of the globe. Maybe not the ideal pattern for anything super cold or wintry, but it wouldn't take a ton of work to move things more favorably.

View attachment 26744
December looking very fall like. I guess that’s fine, right? I mean compared to some of the spring-like December’s we’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If a few bounces go our way the next 3-4 days, this system might eventually have legs for someone on the board outside the mountains.

View attachment 26752

View attachment 26751

View attachment 26753

It's amazing how posts just a couple hours apart can have such different outlooks.

Ha...I’m actually genuinely happy with the weather and not having a torchy look. Some ups and downs and largely seasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops, I read that wrong. I thought you said FAIL like.

Taking a walk in low 60s with a nice breeze and knowing this will be my warmest for a number of days is a good feeling. Enjoy the cold front, folks, and don’t worry about snow all the time. Life is too short.

How the heck is it going to get so cold in the south ? Its only supposed to get down to 28 at night in Chicago. It may actually get colder in parts of North GA than in Chicago with this cold front.

How the heck is it going to get so cold in the south ? Its only supposed to get down to 28 at night in Chicago. It may actually get colder in parts of North GA than in Chicago with this cold front.[/QUOTE
Lake Michigan is still pretty warm and it helps to keep temperatures up in the city. It’s not unusual to see 10-12 degrees temperature difference at night from between downtown Chicago and it’s far western suburbs

I have a question. If the cold air is located at the other side of the world, how do we get it over here if the pattern turns better later this month? Just wondering. Like webber been saying, we have a ways to go before the overall pattern becomes favorable for winter storms here.

I have a question. If the cold air is located at the other side of the world, how do we get it over here if the pattern turns better later this month? Just wondering. Like webber been saying, we have a ways to go before the overall pattern becomes favorable for winter storms here.
As someone has mentioned, the biggest snow storms can occur under marginal conditions. You always don't have to have a "text book" pattern that would favor significant winter storms.

Interesting... while the sfc will likely be to warm for any snow to make it to the ground, may see some graupel/soft hail tommorow evening with these Convective showers, mixed BL makes it interesting, now if sfc WBZs make it in the upper 30s, then things get interesting 90CE01AC-621A-4621-81B0-8965E55773EF.png

Next week is starting to get my attention. Cmc looked interesting as well.
GEFSSE_prec_snens_246.png

Back