• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

d6b8351af3005b7341bdcf782817945a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greensboro is runing -0.4 halfway into the month of December as of today. Saw it brought up earlier post.

I was looking over the Euro from today and there's some things to think about. The Euro is suggesting there will be CAD in place due to a high off to the northeast offshore. With a strong ULL to the south and CAD in place, there could be an increase of confluence for the CAD area's, meaning deeper colder air would pull from the northeast, hence the Euro ENS is showing snow for the CAD area's. If the cold air hangs on long enough, there could be a lot of snow (check the Euro ENS that Kylo posted above) I think with a strong ULL like that over the extreme northern GOM and the wedge in place, I do think deeper colder air would pull from the northeast. The map that I added is valid this upcoming Sunday at midnight. Surface air temps (as of now from the Euro) will be in the upper 30s/lower 40s across Northern Georgia, Upstate SC, temps would be at freezing or slightly below for western NC and mid to upper 30s for central NC. So, of course, wet bulb would be at play too, so there could be dynamic cooling to decrease those 850 temps as well as surface temps. sfctd_b.conus.png

I was looking over the Euro from today and there's some things to think about. The Euro is suggesting there will be CAD in place due to a high off to the northeast offshore. With a strong ULL to the south and CAD in place, there could be an increase of confluence for the CAD area's, meaning deeper colder air would pull from the northeast, hence the Euro ENS is showing snow for the CAD area's. If the cold air hangs on long enough, there could be a lot of snow (check the Euro ENS that Kylo posted above) I think with a strong ULL like that over the extreme northern GOM and the wedge in place, I do think deeper colder air would pull from the northeast. The map that I added is valid this upcoming Sunday at midnight. Surface air temps (as of now from the Euro) will be in the upper 30s/lower 40s across Northern Georgia, Upstate SC, temps would be at freezing or slightly below for western NC and mid to upper 30s for central NC. So, of course, wet bulb would be at play too, so there could be dynamic cooling to decrease those 850 temps as well as surface temps. View attachment 28344

If we got CAD wouldn’t it trend colder closer to time?

I’m honestly surprised the icon wasn’t colder. The High wasn’t In a bad position I didn’t think.

Back