• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

@Webberweather53 ,what would a convectively coupled Kelvin wave do for sensible weather if it happens? Thanks in advance.

A convectively coupled kelvin wave is effectively a faster moving MJO pulse operating on timescales of a few weeks or so, thus said wave would probably yield us a pattern that somewhat resembles "x" phases of the MJO although this is not always necessarily true because CCKWs may not be as tightly coupled to the extratropical circulation as an MJO event.

A convectively coupled kelvin wave is effectively a faster moving MJO pulse operating on timescales of a few weeks or so, thus said wave would probably yield us a pattern that somewhat resembles "x" phases of the MJO although this is not always necessarily true because CCKWs may not be as tightly coupled to the extratropical circulation as an MJO event.
I gotcha. Thanks. You seemed intrigued when you noticed that on the eps chart.

Guys we gonna have to wait till January. We get a storm just gonna take till January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You promise?

January or February I should say. But look at history at least for Gsp there’s not many years on record that it hasn’t snowed at least once. I think there was only one. I think that was 2012 I’m not sure someone on here probably knows. But it’s a pretty good bet it snows at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont buy the OP run. Ens are important
GEFSSE_prec_ptypens_132.png

Back