Pattern The Great December Dump

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Milder overnight low temperatures have been really kicking our butt and are the primary of the reason why we're running above normal for the 9th December in a row.

View attachment 28189

Daily highs are actually at or below normal thanks in large part to the plethora of CAD events we've seen this month.

View attachment 28188
I believe I see a slither of BN night and day up in the north central/northeast section of NC

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I believe I see a slither of BN night and day up in the north central/northeast section of NC

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes! Against the 1987-2016 climo period your area of NC is below average ever so slightly! However consider that 2011-2016 were all above or well above average Decembers w/ an absolute torch in 2015, while 1981-1986 were not mild overall in comparison, using the more stereotypical 1981-2010 base period it's still above or nearly so. :/

Milder overnight low temperatures have been really kicking our butt and are the primary of the reason why we're running above normal for the 9th December in a row.

Daily highs are actually at or below normal thanks in large part to the plethora of CAD events we've seen this month.

Night lows are super lame this month... not wintry at all. It's making me miss frequent teens/20s of New Hampshire some.

The latest mjo charts. Euro and eps want to take it to the phase 5 or 6, which are warm phases. If they are correct.

Attachments

• ECMF_phase_MANOM_51m_full.gif
    ECMF_phase_MANOM_51m_full.gif
    28 KB · Views: 38
  • ECMF_phase_51m_full.gif
    ECMF_phase_51m_full.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Stormdoc
The latest mjo charts. Euro and eps want to take it to the phase 5 or 6, which are warm phases. If they are correct.

33730a76d341245a7754ff2a92e0cf75.jpg

I might be seeing the wrong one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myfrotho704_
Good lord it’s bowling ball after bowling ball on the 18z gfs . Only a matter of time now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, like I said before, the precip is not going to be a problem. We have had rain here every weekend the past four weekends. We seem to be stuck in that pattern, too, with plenty of precip coming every week for the foreseeable future. We just need the cold to meet up with it. I think we're headed in the right direction. Just have to be patient.

Reactions: NoSnowATL
Yeah, like I said before, the precip is not going to be a problem. We have had rain here every weekend the past four weekends. We seem to be stuck in that pattern, too, with plenty of precip coming every week for the foreseeable future. We just need the cold to meet up with it. I think we're headed in the right direction. Just have to be patient.

Precip wasn’t a problem last year either, and I was pretty much blanked. We need a good sustained cold and shot after shot here and even then it’s dicey. I love optimism, but after the past few years here in Charlotte my glass is slowly becoming half empty.