• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

The 00z EURO and 12z GFS
909a44103a05b4e5b2a2f691f124d3fb.jpg
bfad0f5700815ad587101763a107aac0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the time it really gets going it’s not cold enough.

Really cranks when it hits Gulf Stream but as pointed out not enough confluence when it gets going. Also don’t like all the ridging in the midwest
1576426796120.png

Really cranks when it hits Gulf Stream but as pointed out not enough confluence when it gets going. Also don’t like all the ridging in the midwest
View attachment 28143
I would have liked to have seen what she would have done with that funnel of confluence still in tact. Would have been a pretty run

I don’t think we are anywhere near seeing what will actually occur yet. The players are on the field . Will the SE score is yet to be determined. It’s at least promising we have had 2 events to monitor this December. Beats the hell out of 70s and torching all month. Much different feel this year.

Well look everyone keeps saying the gfs has been consistent in a storm. Yes that’s True but every run has been dramatically different. Yes perhaps there’s a storm. But it very well may just be a rain event for many people. Cold air is marginal. If only this was mid January.

The biggest problem here is cold air. It’s a very marginal setup.

Another ULL over my area with marginal temps, sounds like last winter.

Regardless, another threading the needle event it appears, everything has to be timed and placed perfectly.

12z is even less of a event. Things are definitely headed in the wrong direction today.

It’s one model run... some of y’all really need to know the importance of trends and what a trend is ... over long periods of runs 3-4 or more is where u see trends not a spoof one run.. even with this run the storm is still showing up and we haven’t even seen the ensembles yet and that’s the most important part of any model.

Well look everyone keeps saying the gfs has been consistent in a storm. Yes that’s True but every run has been dramatically different. Yes perhaps there’s a storm. But it very well may just be a rain event for many people. Cold air is marginal. If only this was mid January.

Does it really matter whether its Late December or Mid January ?

Back