• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

South trend isn’t over that’s assuming the GFS’ general setup is correct..which is doubtful
A south trend is actually possible due to the heights building to the north of the storm system. Dramatic changes on the past 4 runs from the GFS.
f6c0dfd0dd00811ab4dff2f990c6f5f1.gif

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I'd like to see some signs of the leading cold being held around longer or something being able to phase in. Still though as you are seeing on the gfs getting caught in the right spot with the incoming upper low we could have cold enough 850s to support a nice paste bomb

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

West NC crushjob. The ULL further SW though
1577037600-9zIx5PrhNXs.png
1577026800-zNkXKAsq2T8.png
My back-yard is literally in the 20 inch bull's eye. I know that will not be the case come verification time. Hard to stay there for 7 days. My only prayer is that it trends south-west instead of north-west. I believe there will be a storm. Question is.... will it have enough dynamics to be a snowstorm?

Ive just looked at some soundings for fun with that snow, and some show up to -4 omega/lift in that heavy snow band, in the DGZ ! That’s intense lift, that would mean a complete paste bomb, again I looked at it for fun, normally looking at that stuff starts becoming important 24-48 hours, we still have a longgg way

Ive just looked at some soundings for fun with that snow, and some show up to -4 omega/lift in that heavy snow band, in the DGZ ! That’s intense lift, that would mean a complete paste bomb, again I looked at it for fun, normally looking at that stuff starts becoming important 24-48 hours, we still have a longgg way

keep your hopes in check, it's just the GFS. How has the euro been trending on this time frame the past 24 hours?

Here's a snap-shot at the sounding during the height of the storm. The entire atmosphere is solidly below freezing. This is at least a 10-1 ratio sounding.

1576373005300.png

Last edited:
Back