• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Still looks like there is a threat on the table for the week of the 22nd. Models are still all over the place as usual, but the threat is still there, and that is what usually happens with the models when we have serious potential. Also looks like it could be an all or nothing event for central NC, either a big winter storm or just rain. Of course, that's how it's usually been here ever since 2000.

Just think if we had some blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh there is blocking, that one of the reason's why models are showing the storm system amplifying, blocking causes amplification. If enough cold air comes in place, this storm system could turn out to be quite a snow storm, maybe blizzard conditions, but right now, that's far fetched. I'd like to see consistency with OP models as well as more ensemble support before calling for any blizzard conditions.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Liking that HP trend, stronger confluence helps, again tho this is the GFS, which was showing a snowstorm for NC With that light ice event 84 hours before that event...
A38EB992-650D-44C3-B83D-7316E86E5868.gif

West NC crushjob. The ULL further SW though
1577037600-9zIx5PrhNXs.png
1577026800-zNkXKAsq2T8.png

Liking that HP trend, stronger confluence helps, again tho this is the GFS, which was showing a snowstorm for NC With that light ice event 84 hours before that event...
View attachment 28060
South trend isn’t over ? that’s assuming the GFS’ general setup is correct..which is doubtful

It’s unfortunate that the EPS doesn’t really support that, and only a few gefs ensembles members support this, and really the GFS is more alone

At least there’s a signal that this storm won’t really have a chance to cut from that blocking above it, that’s what is keeping me interested

West NC crushjob. The ULL further SW though
1577037600-9zIx5PrhNXs.png
1577026800-zNkXKAsq2T8.png
If those hefty snow totals were to occur, I'd be jealous lol. All in all seriousness though, my confidence is low for that to occur (right now, but that can change.) For one, it's from the GFS OP and for two, it's still a good ways out and I'd expect some more crazy GFS OP solutions. Also, there is no other OP model showing this yet. But, if snow were to occur, I'd expect heavy snowfall because of the storm amplification.
At least there’s a signal that this storm won’t really have a chance to cut from that blocking above it, that’s what is keeping me interested
Yes, the blocking is what's keeping me interested as well. Not only that, it's looking like it's going to be a quite of a storm system and these type of storms that have rapid intensification excites me, especially if snowfall is involved.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Back