• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

It still looks like we got a ways to go for a more exciting pattern. The ao and nao trending negative and it's still not good enough. What we need? I really hope we don't chase unicorns all winter.
We'll get there. Keep your eyes on the NE Pacific and up around AK.

I saw something today that said the GEFS and GFS don’t even run the same physics package yet . Lol what a S*** S***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GEFS still runs off of the old GFS.

I simply don’t understand the panic in December. It usually does not snow in December for most of us. What happens in December stays in December.

I don't know what the panic is at all besides the fact that most just look at the models in longer range as fact without trying to figure out biases or skill or trends.

There are opportunities to score even in a progressive pattern as we seen yesterday.

You would think they would have swapped it with the new programming they made into the fvs3. Doesn’t even make sense why that haven’t yet.

The old GFS is a squishy overripe apple and the FV3 is a rotting Armadillo. Who would choose a bag of rotting armodillos over a barrel of nasty apples?

We'll get there. Keep your eyes on the NE Pacific and up around AK.
I know the epo is trending positive, which isnt what we want to see, because it cancels out the ao/nao being negative. Im wondering about the mjo if and when it may be on the move and what to watch for to see if its legit in moving into phases other than the COD. I think i would possibly cry if we locked in a -epo or a locked in -ao/nao. I believe that would help imo.

If this active rainy pattern continues. Eventually it will be wintry. We got January and February to go

I simply don’t understand the panic in December. It usually does not snow in December for most of us. What happens in December stays in December.

Yeah, unless you live in Virginia or the mountains then your average first accumulating snowfall over last 30 years is not until January ! Nashville I think technically squeezes out a first snowfall on Dec 30 though!

The old GFS is a squishy overripe apple and the FV3 is a rotting Armadillo. Who would choose a bag of rotting armodillos over a barrel of nasty apples?
At least with the over-ripe apples you can make vinegar..... just saying.

Omgd 6th or 7th run in a row from the GFS with my Chicago snow Monday . Holy hell please be right
b6159a70f88aa6e5a41464459e27838f.jpg

51b73a9b398072068f343a4ef7e6cdb9.jpg
995eaf31d87dd2ebca0738726f6416e2.jpg

Omgd 6th or 7th run in a row from the GFS with my Chicago snow Monday . Holy hell please be right
b6159a70f88aa6e5a41464459e27838f.jpg

51b73a9b398072068f343a4ef7e6cdb9.jpg
995eaf31d87dd2ebca0738726f6416e2.jpg
Well, maybe when you come back from Chicago, the snow will follow you back to give the rest of us some snow. You're in some luck, snow coming in at the right time!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Back