• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

The GEFS looks a bit interesting for the system the op has been throwing darts at
1577275200-VHkXF15DtJI.png
1577275200-iK8AM829Wj0.png
1576065600-EWWTO5rKI6o.png

Now that we have the Atlantic seemingly on our side next week, what do we need to root for to get the pacific right? Flip the red and blue and get them to swap? MJO in in phase 2 heading for the COD. Doesn't seem like that's fighting against us. How do we get the Aleutian low back to pop a west coast ridge?

Attachments

• 1576097389291.png
    1576097389291.png
    630.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1576097442341.png
    1576097442341.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 31
Been so long since I have seen a pattern like the EPS/GEFS. Of course back then we were in the midst of a major SSWE.

View attachment 27795View attachment 27796
That still seems seasonal to warm, unless I'm missing something. I do like the blocking signature showing up, which I'm guessing is what you are also liking here.

Dude, you can not say this for the what the EURO shows. Weenie foul. Don't bring that build up statement unless there's a snow BOMB showing up...lol.

Nonsense, if it were showing a snow bomb it would be a weenie post cause it would end up in MO. Haha

Gotta get ahead of these things to trap em.

That still seems seasonal to warm, unless I'm missing something. I do like the blocking signature showing up, which I'm guessing is what you are also liking here.
If you notice though those dates correspond with what was the only sustained stretch of above to well above temperatures that whole winter and the blocking that was set up during it lead to a great 5-6 weeks after fairly consistent threats and most of us cashed in at least once if not 2 or 3 times during that stretch.

Per model consensus, there's no sustained cold in sight for the SE US like we had in November. We're likely looking at near to slightly warmer than average over the next 15 days averaged out. The best shot at sustained cold anomalies is in the N Plains like usual of late. That is La Nina-like.

Per model consensus, there's no sustained cold in sight for the SE US like we had in November. We're likely looking at near to slightly warmer than average over the next 15 days averaged out. The best shot at sustained cold anomalies is in the N Plains like usual of late. That is La Nina-like.
Better than + 10 for the month

It’s amazing watching the Euro systematically slaughter the FV3. Slowly but surely it’s trending farther southward and more separation with the second s/w in the 17-18th time frame. It’s also caving H5 wise with the high level blocking.

If you notice though those dates correspond with what was the only sustained stretch of above to well above temperatures that whole winter and the blocking that was set up during it lead to a great 5-6 weeks after fairly consistent threats and most of us cashed in at least once if not 2 or 3 times during that stretch.
Thanks, and good point. I was at a stoplight and just saw a dearth of pretty blue colors over my backyard. :(

What is with this fake news +PNA tendency of the GEFS, which is especially evident on the 18Z? We know it is likely way overdone based on countless bad verifications. Don't fall for this BS. Go with the EPS if you're smart. SMH

What is with this fake news +PNA tendency of the GEFS, which is especially evident on the 18Z? We know it is likely way overdone based on countless bad verifications. Don't fall for this BS. Go with the EPS if you're smart. SMH

They are in pretty good agreement except GEFS has the pac low further SW. Lets see who is more right over the next few day’s. I’m not sure the GEFS is totally off it’s rocker here.

But yeah, if I had money it would be on the EPS.

49CFE66F-105E-409E-9D98-500166BFEE99.png2901C573-D44D-4C10-B70E-195D524F3AC4.png

They are in pretty good agreement except GEFS has the pac low further SW. Lets see who is more right over the next few day’s. I’m not sure the GEFS is totally off it’s rocker here.

View attachment 27804View attachment 27805
Move that Pac low slightly SW and get that blocking a touch stronger, and oh man. A Rain Cold guarantee won't be far behind!

View attachment 27804View attachment 27805

Personally I like the EPS look better. At least it would buckle the PAC jet a little.

Back