• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Got to wait a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. You can do some extrapolation. The storm starts to develop near what the end of the run would be. I'll be kind of interested in what the 500 mb maps show.

This looks like something in which you'll need to pay close attention to the first storm though. First one bombs and creates a major 50/50 low. That's what helps cause the massive CAD storm since it doesn't look like we really have a trough.

Take with grain since GEFS, but 12Z GEFS is coldest of last few runs for SE and much of the country for 12/17+. More importantly, the model consensus has gotten significantly colder since yesterday. It is all about trends, folks. Actually, the sharp reversal of the warmer trends that occurred over the weekend,

Not really. You can do some extrapolation. The storm starts to develop near what the end of the run would be. I'll be kind of interested in what the 500 mb maps show.

This looks like something in which you'll need to pay close attention to the first storm though. First one bombs and creates a major 50/50 low. That's what helps cause the massive CAD storm since it doesn't look like we really have a trough.

I haven’t looked at anything since Sunday. Thanks GeorgiaGirl I will start watching. Was getting boring the past two days.

And this action starts at hour 222 in texas, Not that far out.
gfs_asnow_us_56.png

The GEFS looks like it's all over the place. There's a few members that bring some snow into N GA and TN around 108, but not too many. Next time frame is around 186 or so with a small handful showing something close. Maybe 1 or 2 around when the OP is showing this fantasy storm.

Take with grain since GEFS, but 12Z GEFS is coldest of last few runs for SE and much of the country for 12/17+. More importantly, the model consensus has gotten significantly colder since yesterday. It is all about trends, folks. Actually, the sharp reversal of the warmer trends that occurred over the weekend,

I think part of the problem is the ensembles are so different on timing they are skewing warm and cold periods over a week than with the progressive pattern changing every day or so with systems constantly rolling in.

I'll take anything from snow/sleet/ice and freezing rain any day of the year, but that's just me. I know some people on here are calling this gfs ice/snow map garbage and it may be comical but Webb has been talking about this properly placed cyclonic that could help with a-NAO. We are way over due for a major ice/snowstorm for us southerns.

The GEFS looks like it's all over the place. There's a few members that bring some snow into N GA and TN around 108, but not too many. Next time frame is around 186 or so with a small handful showing something close. Maybe 1 or 2 around when the OP is showing this fantasy storm.

Yeah that 186-240 timeframe isn’t that bad, nice -NAO, that big low to the SE of Greenland is helping to keep it/pump that -NAO in a way 37B94A9B-463E-4699-85FF-FC24020DE319.png

Last edited:
Trend colder is nice is all that I’m seeing.’Need to get this big Friday rain/mix out of the way for models to focus on Christmas week threat. That way more reliable maps will be shown with a 95% reduction across the board.

Can’t really blame the model with how active the pattern is before we get to that time period. If we were in a drought and no storms until that fantasy storm it could actually be right as modeled. But unfortunately too much going on with these heavy rain soakers leading up to it obscuring the model data IMO.

Need to watch the Euro and see if it similar in the H5 with good blocking. The uLL and s/w data needs to be watched in the end of the euro.

Back