• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

I'm trying to figure out why the roller coaster ride by looking at the Euro/EPS. It still looks very active albeit still progressive with no sustained warmth in sight.

The EPS hasn't warmed much (of course it already was much warmer than GEFS) but the GEFS has warmed a lot even though it remains cooler than the EPS as per the usual. The EPS isn't a torch but it does show a few degrees warmer than normal when averaged out over the 6-15 day period.

Very active/mainly Pacific/zonal flow becomes somewhat warmer than normal in winter though not a torch mainly because highs are kept down by rain/clouds.

Fugly pattern on the GFS entire run! And I'm sure it will be correct on the fugly pattern.....................................

Edit: Maybe a Christmas miracle brewing? Replace the low in Nebraska with a high and game on! that's not much to ask on Christmas is it??
View attachment 27507
It’s ally to ask, we can’t even score with a 1040+ mb high there

Sorry it actually looks like GSO went down just a tad but still has many members showing something
12z
View attachment 27513
18z
View attachment 27514
Thanks for posting. Remember that those charts count all frozen as snow. I would guess that they are picking up on a little mixed precip before changing to cold rain. With such a strong high pressure to the north, there’s still time for trends in either direction.

Back