• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Sweatember '22

On radar it looks like we’ve only gotten showers most of the morning but it has really been putting it down all morning

Nothing much here so far and GSP backing off on pops. Look likely we will stay mostly dry here a few more days.

Thankfully over 2 hours in to moderate+ rain and still coming down.

Looks like the Euro is taking the late week rain out of most of the Carolinas. Looks like at least Sat for the next chance here unless we somehow get rain later today.

Been raining here really well the last couple days. Granted being only about 15 miles away from 3500-4000 ft mountains really helps getting lift and ringing out moisture. Even when the radar showed we were out of the rain it was still pouring. Up close to 3”

I didn't expect today. I barely saw the sun, and been in a repeat of yesterday with training storms / showers. 0.72 so far today with possibly more a total of 3.33 over 2 days. I've had more rain in the last 2 days than I've had since July 10th.

KFCX - Digital Storm Total Accum., 5_56 PM.png

I have 2.3 inches. So about what was modeled here. But still no where close to the widespread 2+ inches over the whole area. Model verification scores seem to improve but it feels like these models keep getting worse.

I have 2.3 inches. So about what was modeled here. But still no where close to the widespread 2+ inches over the whole area. Model verification scores seem to improve but it feels like these models keep getting worse.
You may very well get another inch of rain over the next couple of hours. It looks to miss me to the north so on to Sat before the next chance here.
Edit:
It's falling apart now so no rain here this week and no real relief in sight from the heat or the humidity through day 16. Once this event is over, the rest of the fall will be like 2001, meaning we MAY get good rain sometime after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
You may very well get another inch of rain over the next couple of hours. It looks to miss me to the north so on to Sat before the next chance here.
Edit:
It's falling apart now so no rain here this week and no real relief in sight from the heat or the humidity through day 16. Once this event is over, the rest of the fall will be like 2001, meaning we MAY get good rain sometime after Thanksgiving.
Closing in on 3 inches of rain over the last 3 days here. Still raining on and off now. Yard is so wet probably going to have to wait a few days to dry before I can cut grass. What a difference around 60 miles makes.

Back