• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HRRR nailed this one

e6e65147b7fa9074d4ea146ee297158c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Micheal is a flatearther lol

Don't get me wrong though I think that statistic Michael posted is still very impressive & showcases just how large internal, natural variability can be. Given the base state climate was much cooler in the 1920s, makes u wonder what we're capable of now. 20 warm decembers in a row inbound :(

Don't get me wrong though I think that statistic Michael posted is still very impressive & showcases just how large internal, natural variability can be. Given the base state climate was much cooler in the 1920s, makes u wonder what we're capable of now. 20 warm decembers in a row inbound :(
Easily if we can't get blocking. Regardless of anyone's stance on Global Warming I do have a hard time buying the idea of Greenland losing ice. I mean they constantly have a big ball of below normal heights over them all winter year after year!

13 drops on the sidewalk

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Now it's almost as if it didn't rain, but for a lonely puddle on the road.

How about 110 F in July

How about 110 F in July

Ill be honest i don't think we see 110 at RDU in our lives and probably not at FAY either. To me the heat wave in 07 was just about the cream of the crop where we were on the NE part closed ridge aloft at h5, h7, h85 and 850s were well into the 20sC and drought was underway. I have a hard time thinking we find a much better setup.

The late June early July 2012 heat wave was another stout heat wave where we didn't go to 110.

I do though believe that the all time high of 105 at RDU gets broken at some point in our lives. We have tied it many times eventually we will tick 106.

On the flip side I don't think we see RDU or FAY post a -10.

Edit to add I see that wikipedia says Fay hit 110 in 1983 but the nws rah site doesn't have it.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back