• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have a cloud today that traveled over my house for 14 seconds. Temperature dropped from 172* to 171*. Felt fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NWS did add a 10% chance of t'storms to my forecast on this side of town for tomorrow.

So maybe you'll have 30 seconds worth of cloud over your house.

Skeptic=flat earther at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anyone remember the last time we had a below normal December? Oh yea that was 2010, we’ve gone nearly a decade straight without a single below average Dec. The chances this would happen without global warming are very slim and/or virtually none

Anyone remember the last time we had a below normal December? Oh yea that was 2010, we’ve gone nearly a decade straight without a single below average Dec. The chances this would happen without global warming are very slim and/or virtually none
And yet the biggest snowstorms of the last 2 winters were in December. Go figure.

And yet the biggest snowstorms of the last 2 winters were in December. Go figure.
Yes but large scale temperature variability over a period of a month for nearly a decade is going to be far more reflective of the long term climate at these scales due to the inherent stochastic nature of individual winter storms and longer time scale being used to analyze temperature (few days for a winter storm vs a month for temperature)

8 straight years of above normal Decembers can't be just a coincidence. Something is definitely going on. Several of those Decembers were well above normal.

The damn Southeast ridge (don’t mean you, lol) and no blocking to break it down is what’s going on, winter now is the first week of December, than we torch for the rest of the month

I think we need to clarify "normal" as being the 30 year average. We really don't know what normal is, or suppose to be. Never knew the weather as normal anyway. Having said that, my preference for normal would be 90-92 in the summertime and 35-40 in winter. Summer filled with tropical afternoon/evening storms and frequent snowfall during winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back