• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying not to shot off fireworks before the 4th is like telling a fat kid not to touch the candy in a candy store... told my wife the hide them from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't give NC any ideas. Before u know it, we'll be measuring sleet with yardsticks from epic warm noses.

Hey I love a good sleet storm, always wanted some thunder sleet or thunder snow. Good memories from the Christmas storm years ago that dropped about 10” in rocky mount at my grandparents house. I remember waking up to sleet pinging off the window and it later switched back to snow for a bit. Only Christmas snow/ice storm I remember but it was a good one.

Hey I love a good sleet storm, always wanted some thunder sleet or thunder snow. Good memories from the Christmas storm years ago that dropped about 10” in rocky mount at my grandparents house. I remember waking up to sleet pinging off the window and it later switched back to snow for a bit. Only Christmas snow/ice storm I remember but it was a good one.

I do too just if we could have snow instead I'd rather prefer that lol. I also too remember that storm and I'm mad because I totally missed it to play in a travel hockey tournament instead. :mad: I've still yet to see more than 8" of snow/sleet here in my life, maybe this will be the year. (Hint: it won't be)

Haven't experienced thunder snow here but had thunder sleet in 2015, also had thunder sleet and freezing rain back during the run of mid to late 90s ice storms

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Experienced thundersnow on feb 16 2013, almost looked like a summer day with towering cumulus/anvils but instead just heavy Convective snow

Experienced thundersnow on feb 16 2013, almost looked like a summer day with towering cumulus/anvils but instead just heavy Convective snow

Man that would be epic! One of these days I’m gonna chase a blizzard up in the NE US, have a friend who has done it a few times and may go with him one year.

I forgot what year it was, lolol, I think 2015, but had a all sleet storm here, honestly good sleeping weather for me knowing there’s no school the next day and the sound of sleet piling up/hitting my window

Man that would be epic! One of these days I’m gonna chase a blizzard up in the NE US, have a friend who has done it a few times and may go with him one year.

It’s honestly probably a setup I won’t ever see again, it was basically a MCS, with a outflow boundary, but instead heavy snow, MUcape, steep 0-3km lapse rates helped that out a lot, then once the precipitation fell, boundary layer temps crashed 48E96EAC-8FBD-467B-B351-EF40A16771B4.jpeg

It’s honestly probably a setup I won’t ever see again, it was basically a MCS, with a outflow boundary, but instead heavy snow, MUcape, steep 0-3km lapse rates helped that out a lot, then once the precipitation fell, boundary layer temps crashed View attachment 20717

That definitely explains the local 2-3"+ snowfall max in/around the Charlotte area
February 16-17 2013 NC Snowmap.gif

That definitely explains the local 2-3"+ snowfall max in/around the Charlotte area
View attachment 20718

Yep, I’d take the setup over a regular snowstorm, because while snow is fun, when you add convection in there, it’s a whole nother level, wish I knew more back then and actually had a video before and during the event ?

Haven't experienced thunder snow here but had thunder sleet in 2015, also had thunder sleet and freezing rain back during the run of mid to late 90s ice storms

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have twice. Once in Gastonia, where I grew up in the 93 superstorm and the 2009 March 1, Simpsonville smasher! ??

Trying not to shot off fireworks before the 4th is like telling a fat kid not to touch the candy in a candy store... told my wife the hide them from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dreading it, poor animals terrified. Come on ☔️ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back