• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that sucker fired up out of nowhere. 5 forks always gets first dibs. Even in snow storms ?
It basically sat stationary, probably producing 1” + totals! Atleast I got to hear thunder, while baking under 96 degree, blazing sun! ?

You've gotta be kidding, that was a healthy looking thunderstorm but it dissipated a good bit. Prob still will rain, but sigh...

The Braves provided their own fireworks tonight! Great series win!

Speaking of the Braves and fireworks on the 4th, I’ll never forget what still is my favorite regular season baseball game ever, the July 4th-5th Braves vs Mets game in ATL in 1985. If a 90 minute rain delayed start, several more rain delays, Manager Davey Johnson and Darryl Strawberry being tossed out of the game, Keith Hernandez hitting for the cycle, the Braves being down 7-4 going to the bottom of the 8th and scoring 4 to go ahead, Bruce Sutter allowing the Mets to tie it at 8 in the top of the 9th to send it to extra innings, and the Braves scoring 2 in the bottom of the 13th on a homerun that hit the foul pole to tie it at 10 weren’t enough:

With the Mets having taken an 11-10 lead in the top of the 18th, with 2 outs .060 hitting Rick Camp is up because they have no non-pitcher pinch hitters left. The Mets waived their outfielders in and John Sterling literally says with the count 0-1 “Ernie, if he hits a home run to tie this game, this game will be certified as absolutely the nuttiest in the history of baseball.” After the count went to 0-2, Camp takes a big swing and amazingly hits his first and only home run of his career to tie it at 11!!!! And if that’s still not enough, the Mets scored 5 in the top of the 19th. The Braves then scored 2 and then had 2 on base meaning the tieing run was again at the plate in the form of, yep, Rick Camp. But this time he got an out and it was finally over at 3:55 AM, which was followed by the annual big July 4th fireworks display that scared a bunch of already sleeping folks in nearby areas to death. Luckily I stayed up to watch this til the end! Here’s the 5 minutes of the bottom of the 18th:

Last edited:
Today certainly looks like another one of the close call swing and a miss days on the storms. Except it's missing by maybe 3 miles at the most in some cases. Absolutely freaking brutal. Maybe I cashed in too much in June at times.

We can't even get 10% sky coverage here. Brutal.

I need to mow the grass tomorrow morning. Hoping for no rain until tomorrow afternoon.

Hell, you’re at the beach more than home! You should just live in Kitty Hawk, definitely would get more snow there!!?
Mid to low 80’s with rain chances almost every day. I might not come back! I would say you can just have my lawnmower but hell you won’t need it either!

Pretty weird being out of the country for the 4th but at least there was enough Americans that they shot off some fireworks for us. Love the desert climate down here in Aruba, but it even rained here one day. Generally in Aruba it's 84 Sunny and windy everyday which basically held true this week too.

IMG_20190704_205054_compress69.jpgIMG_20190703_101810_compress15.jpg

We can't even get 10% sky coverage here. Brutal.
I've accepted that the rain for yesterday was my July allotment on to August. It really does though feel like it rains in the same places each day with the rest of us getting a few scraps. I saw standing water in ditches this morning in holly springs on my way to work my grass didn't even green back up today

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've accepted that the rain for yesterday was my July allotment on to August. It really does though feel like it rains in the same places each day with the rest of us getting a few scraps. I saw standing water in ditches this morning in holy springs on my way to work my grass didn't even green back up today

I know it. It seems like I've watched storms traverse northern Wake Co. Into Raleigh and Garner all summer long. It's ridic!

I love the sea breeze moving in today and it completely clearing out behind it

Yeah, I watched it move in and pump up a few cumulus clusters, and then everything dissipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back