• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well be a snow map
06dde49ae867685bced3019c07d80286.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Nobody is getting any rain except the foothills near and around Wilkes county for the rest of the summer. And temps are going to routinely be AOA 100 until September. This will be the worst heat and drought you've ever seen. That I can tell you.
Thanks, JB of summer!

Probably rained enough for .25" earlier. Enough to wet the ground again.

Wish it actually had poured up in Marietta enough for an hour delay after the 2nd inning to interrupt deGrom and get Julio out.

That and subsidence behind the initial wave from this morning. Maybe tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If we don’t get any morning Convection or outflow boundaries that overturn the boundary layer/CAPE tommorow morning, than those storms that develop during peak heating from the MCV could get quite feisty, could see some rotating storms with some curved low level hodos, definitely a good setup for damaging winds and large hail from some weak EML advection, solid mid level lapse rates and 30-50kts of 6km shear

Hrrr is making me wonder a bit, warm mid levels from I don’t know where has been a big issue this year, could make storms struggle a bit tommorow, forget that boundary layer mixing, hrrr is terrible when it comes to thatEE47664F-8BA7-48DB-9963-8487BA476369.pngEABC4877-F173-4DB2-B1C1-004C8002EBB0.jpeg

Well tomorrow looks like pooping poop! Nice 4 day stretch of 50-80% chances of rain, and a total of .002 in the bucket! Poop me!?F1E54F46-ECED-48C6-9639-A889F436F56A.png

SPC going with enhanced risk for today and 3km NAM is showing a nice little MCS getting going. Could be an active afternoon especially for Central and Eastern NC.

SPC's enhanced risk has expanded all the way to the coast in their latest update, obviously the threat of damaging winds is the biggest issue today. Locally in Charlotte, I wouldn't be too surprised if we are on the outside looking in with a more profound wind threat further east as the cold pools from individual storms have more time to mature and merge this evening vs here over the west-central piedmont. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

NC_swody1 (2).png

So, which thread are we going to talk about the threat for today? This one or the actual June thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back